The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarket headlights

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Aftermarket headlights

Does anyone know if these are crap or decent headlights? I'm assuming they would fit on a 2001, even though the listing doesn't say that. My lights are the original chrome housing ones and they don't look that good, and one of them keeps getting condensation in them. Just wanted to update the lights without spending a lot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221615107723...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Seems kinda pricey to me, have you checked out CarID.com?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Check Amazon too
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Seems kinda pricey to me, have you checked out CarID.com?
    Not pricey at all for the pair considering mitsu housing are over 300 at the dealer.

Have you thought about JDM headlights?

$85 is a good deal for two headlights, with free shipping to boot!

I was just looking for the '02 lights for as cheap as possible, so I got them through this listing on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/301380261692...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. They sent me two headlights made by two different aftermarket companies, and the headlights don't look exactly the same. Stupid idiots. I was going to put them on this weekend and now I have to go through the hassle of returning one or both of them and probably having to pay for the shipping, and I haven't heard a response back from them yet. Annoying.

2001 Galant GTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Zequel View Post
    I was just looking for the '02 lights for as cheap as possible, so I got them through this listing on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/301380261692...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT. They sent me two headlights made by two different aftermarket companies, and the headlights don't look exactly the same. Stupid idiots. I was going to put them on this weekend and now I have to go through the hassle of returning one or both of them and probably having to pay for the shipping, and I haven't heard a response back from them yet. Annoying.
    What did they send? Post it.

I don't have a pic. They are both '02 headlights but slightly different, one made by Eagle Eyes and one made by TYC. Maybe they think they are close enough, but I don't work that way. The shades of amber are different, the pattern on the chrome reflector is different and the middle piece that covers the bulb looks different. Crappy way of doing business. The boxes they sent had the different brands on them, they obviously knew, but thought it was close enough.

2001 Galant GTZ

They probably thought they we're dealing with the average 8G owner whose car looks like trash, and on every turn the axles are clicking.

I purchased the aftermarket 02-03 heads off ebay once. They were the Eagle Eyes brand which are a Taiwanese brand. They were clean, fit fine, came with bulbs and I had no issues. Ive since sold them to a member on here and I believe he too hasn't had any issue.

I've got a set of stupid clean 01 headlight assemblies with practically new lenses just sitting in my shed. Went from 01 lights to 03 lights so I don't need them anymore. They fit your car they just are all chrome no black insert like the 02-03.

Thanks, but I'm trying to do what you did and change to the '02-'03 black housing headlights. I appreciate the offer.

2001 Galant GTZ

I went through the exact same problem when I got new lights for my 8gb..trust me I know how you feel. I got eagle eyes and vision. I got them from a different seller..I just made do because they wanted me to pay for shipping for a refund. Their excuse is they send whatever is readily available to save cost and time, I think they said for the customer. I could've waited a couple days and spent a few more dollars for all that. Looking at your car mods you seem like a guy who pays attention to detail like me, so I know how the little things stick out like a sore thumb to us lol.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 04-16-2015 at 11:27 AM

One thing, iirc I wasn't as pleased with the fitment of the eagle eyes as the vision. The eagle had more fender gap around the upper part of the corner/amber. But I did notice one time slight condensation after washing my car, in the vision. Then again that's pressure washing and not garden hose.

So I would try either two visions or two tyc. Maybe this seller http://m.ebay.com/itm/400840505441?nav=SEARCH and verify with them that both are visons. My issue with the condensation on the vision might've been a freak accident..but it was gone proably next day if not the same night..very small and light. Mainly was at the bottom of the lense but wasn't water but more a steam effect. Haven't really noticed it come back
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 04-16-2015 at 12:11 PM

TYC> eagle/vision/sonar

TYC is an OEM supplier like Stanley

I figured it worked like that. So best thing now is probably take the money to send them back and buy a tyc for the other side. Plus, is the seller going to charge restocking fee..if so then I would get the other tyc for sure.