The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Remin Dash Kits

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Remin Dash Kits

Has anybody heard of/used Remin Dash Kits before? I know they are just like 3D stickers but I cant seem to find any carbon fiber looking pieces that actually replace the old trim. The Remin set appears to be fairly high quality, although I am still afraid the stickers will come off after time. Any thoughts?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

You could just get rolls of DiNoc Carbon Fiber and cut it to fit. It might be cheaper. I've used it on the radio bezel, door panels, shift bezel and it's a quality adhesive. It's not shiny like traditional carbon fiber, but you could clear coat it after you wrap your parts.

I thought about that too, but I would still just prefer the actual replacement pieces. Wouldn't the vinyl rub and wear after a while of use?

The one I've used is pretty thick and durable. It's easiest to apply with a heat gun/ hair dryer to get around edges or wrinkles.
    I've never personally seen the pre-cut vinyl kits installed, but I feared that they may not cover each piece 100%.

Hopefully someone who has tried them can chime in so you have another opinion

Last edited by CHICAGO_ONE; 02-26-2015 at 10:41 AM

Yea that's what I'm afraid of, it would look like a cheap kit if it doesn't cover the entire piece. I would have to do some research on how to vinyl wrap things like that, how much does that kind of vinyl run? And where can I purchase it?

Price is depending on the amount you end up needing, but eBay is a good source:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-DiNOC-DI-...d0c2cf&vxp=mtr

If you have to re-purchase more down the road, I advise going through the same seller to get an exact match. Some vinyls might differ in quality, sheen, pattern size.

Actually think I have some Oracal at work, but I'll have to double check.

yeah...go with the Di Noc. I've had the stickers before and they were a pain because they didn't entirely cover each corner and they ended up coming undone after a while so I just tossed it.
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

^^^ Thats what I'm afraid of, I don't want to spend a hundred and a half on stickers that wont even last.

Lol yeah but if you cut them to size, that's fine. that way you can overlap the trip and have it wrap behind them so it doesn't come undone. The ones I had were pre-cut so they just fit the face of the trim and didn't go behind them. So either get the Di Noc or just wrap it in carbon fibre yourself.
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    The one I've used is pretty thick and durable. It's easiest to apply with a heat gun/ hair dryer to get around edges or wrinkles.
    I've never personally seen the pre-cut vinyl kits installed, but I feared that they may not cover each piece 100%.

That looks really nice. Did you have any experience with a project like this prior to doing it. I want to do this to mine but I have never wrapped anything so I'm just wondering how difficult it was. Again, that looks perfect in my opinion.

Thanks.
    It was my first time applying vinyl actually. It's pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright cool, I think I will give it a try within the next few weeks. I see that you said the vinyl you used was nice and thick. Any recomendations on where to purchase it? Also, does the back side of the vinyl have adhesive already on it or did you have to apply adhesive?

The back of the vinyl already has adhesive on it, I would check out some videos on youtube to get a basic idea of how to do it.

Thanks for the help, I will check them out.

How did you get the door pieces off to do them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post

How did you get the door pieces off to do them?