The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lowering spring question

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

lowering spring question

i am changing up my struts and shocks soon. i saw kyb has a $40 rebate if you buy all 4 struts/shocks....so that's what i am going with there. my question is...has anyone here bought speed daddy lowering springs off of ebay? they give a 2" drop in the front and 1.75" drop in the back. they have a spring rate of 268lbs in the front and 235lbs in the back. i have had cheap springs on a couple cars. i liked some and i hated some. any input is greatly appreciated!

"Speed Daddy" that's enough for me.

Just how much are these turd daddies?

haha...$60

I just looked them up, my guess imitation Tein S-Techs.

My suggestion, get the real ones. Safer, better ride quality and will last much longer.

From experience I've had S-Techs on KYB gr2's and loved the setup. In fact its still going strong after 2 wrecks and iver 50k miles.

i was trying to keep it on the cheap side...im kinda strapped for cash! but if this is the case...i may have to wait till i save up some more cash!

Don't go cheap just to look good. Keep your safety #1!

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Get the real ones. Less headache and less cost in the long run. I also have S-Techs on KYB GR2's.

You do realize GTZ's sit tad lower than a regular V6, every wonder if its enough seening that it snows where you're from.

i have to change out my struts anyway. i have a clunk up in the driver side strut. while i was changing everything out... i wanted a drop too. i dont mind if im plowing snow while i drive...lol!

I can't really say much for the v6 but on my I4 I'm rocking the ebays.

But I'm also useing brand new struts sold for the gtz and springs sold for the gtz. Imo on my application they work wonders. Ride is stiffer so I feel more of the road and when you push Down onto the car it doesn't move lol. I did get rid of just about all that wheel gap tho.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Speed Daddy? Never heard of those, but from what you said the drop is your car will be slammed. That drop is like Megan springs, had a friend with some on his 8g years back and his car was really low and bouncy. It is my opinion that if you lower on those springs your new struts may be blown in a year. A lot of people have Tien springs and love them; I wanted a little lower drop so I went with H&R springs. Save and get some better springs, will cost you less in the long run and you will thank yourself.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

How much lower does the GTZ sit compared to an ES?

1"