The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 Galant GTZ Keyless entry remotes

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

2003 Galant GTZ Keyless entry remotes

Ok just bought the car, but didnt get any keyfobs with it, How can i tell which keyfobss to get for it? I used to have a 2003 ES so the programming wont be a problem because ive programmed remotes to that, but do I need the 3 button remote with lock unlock and truck, or the 4 button with the panic button on the back?

How did you know which one to get for your es? I have an es and it came with no keyfob . How do i know if it originally came with one ?

Quote Originally Posted by marcopolo23 View Post
    How did you know which one to get for your es? I have an es and it came with no keyfob . How do i know if it originally came with one ?

I called the dealer for the GTZ, most likely the ES will be the 3 button remote, as long as you have the power truck release, just look inside the trunk lid for the power release. Or if you call the dealer with the VIN number they can tell you which remote it takes, I bought mine on ebay, genuine used remotes for like $15. Way cheaper than the dealer. You can find the programming instructions online also, takes like 5 mins to program them.

Icon14

[QUOTE=Relevant Wing;814539]I called the dealer for the GTZ, most likely the ES will be the 3 button remote, as long as you have the power truck release, just look inside the trunk lid for the power release. Or if you call the dealer with the VIN number they can tell you which remote it takes, I bought mine on ebay, genuine used remotes for like $15. Way cheaper than the dealer. You can find the programming instructions online also, takes like 5 mins to program them.[/QUOT
    Good to know . i do have the powered trunk . i going to look on ebay for some fobes. Have you seen the keys that have the buttons directly on them? I wonder if those could be programmed to my car.

[QUOTE=marcopolo23;814540]
    Quote Originally Posted by Relevant Wing View Post
    I called the dealer for the GTZ, most likely the ES will be the 3 button remote, as long as you have the power truck release, just look inside the trunk lid for the power release. Or if you call the dealer with the VIN number they can tell you which remote it takes, I bought mine on ebay, genuine used remotes for like $15. Way cheaper than the dealer. You can find the programming instructions online also, takes like 5 mins to program them.[/QUOT
    Good to know . i do have the powered trunk . i going to look on ebay for some fobes. Have you seen the keys that have the buttons directly on them? I wonder if those could be programmed to my car.
    As far as I know the keys like that are 2004 up, plus key programming is not as easy, You need 2 keys to put the car in key programming mode and add keys.