The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: not sure of the best tire size?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

not sure of the best tire size?

I have 18x8 wheels. With an offset of 48. I am looking for the best fit tires. That wont look to beefy or to skinny like spagetti thin. I want to buy online so i was hoping to get some help. I hope i dont have to pulll the fenders.

15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

I think our original wheel offset is 45. If you get a wheel with a 35 offset with an 8.5 width it will just be close to the fender without rubbing. Try this website
    http://www.willtheyfit.com/

I have been to that part of the site multiple times. Out of those options im not sure which would be the right fit. None of them are in italics that tell you the best fit.

9Ggts, the wheels i got say 18x8 and et-48 so im worried that they might be too big for the car. Can you help me out.

-48 offset? your wheel is going to stick out a little over 4 inches compared to oem. im pretty sure our oem offset is +40. sorry not 45 as posted earlier. that will definitely be too wide for your fender to handle.

the tire size is 225/45/18. you would have a diffrence in speedometer reading of -1. somthing percent. so your speedo reading will be 1-2 kmh under . this tire size is good from 7.5 to 8.5 inches wide.

So the fenders are gonna have to be rolled? Ok i will look for that tire size to fit those wheels. Do you think i will have turning issues? I dont know if ishould just sell the wheels.

Kidfresh, I'm getting confused here. Is your offset +48 or -48????. If its +48, I don't think there will be fender or turning issues.
    Why don't you install one wheel in front and one in the back. You should be able to see if it is flush with the fender or not. The tire
    Would be the same width as the lip of the rim. Take a pic of the wheel installed even without the tire and
    post it here.

Im so sorry, i Just figured out what I wrote. it is not -48. It is just 48. ok i deff will post it up tonight. thank you.

+48. Then you should be ok. It will stick out 5mm(3/16 inch) wider than the original wheel.
    And your track will be 1 inch wider. Beefy or thin ? I think 8.5-9.00 inch wide will be the best
    Size. go to vhoist.com and look at the various setups of galants on that site. I have mine there
    8.5 x19,et 35

thank you so much! i will go on there after work.