The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant 2001 ECU

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Icon9 Galant 2001 ECU

Hey am new Here, i have a Galant 2001 ES 2,4 and i love the car but is broken mi ECU died o bought a New one but i cant configure the Immobilizer whit the new ECU am desperate because no one know how to do that i Bought a Directed 556uW will that work? or what else i can do
    Thanks for your help

Did you buy the ecu with the immobilizer box, ignition lock tumbler and key? Or just ECU?
    Otherwise you need to have your current key and a new immobilizer box programmed to it by the dealer. Immobilizer box can be fiund under the hvac control unit.

A 556WU is for bypassing the immobilizer for a remote start alarm to start the car. The way it works is a second key that is programmed to the ecu goes in the 556 box and when the remote start unit is ready to start the engine it (the 556) sends the keys information to the ignition tumbler fooling the ecu into thinking theres a key in it, once you enter the car and drive off the 556 is deactivated and the first key (now in the tumbler) takes over. As far as the problem you're having goes, the 556 will do nothing for you.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 03-09-2015 at 06:06 PM

I bought only the ECU, so the 556 is not going to bypass the immobilizer, is not a way that i can set up the new ECU whit the original immobilizer??

Quote Originally Posted by estbgmz View Post
    I bought only the ECU, so the 556 is not going to bypass the immobilizer, is not a way that i can set up the new ECU whit the original immobilizer??
    I just explained it as discriptive and as thorough as I could. The answer is No. Having been there before and talking to Mitsubishi techs who do this day in and day out, those are your choices either go to the dealer and get it programmed or buying the set of ecu, tumbler with key and immobilizer box.

Your car will run again. It seems pretty bad but its really not.

This is what you basically need to avoid going to the dealer. Also, Make sure to find the corresponding ECU set, including matching part numbers and whether a 4 or 6 cylinder. Stick with a same year computer too.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...824565&alt=web
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 03-09-2015 at 06:42 PM

Thank For your Answer i wen to the Mitsubishi dealer and they don't accept my car because is American and i live in Mexico is there a DIY way that i can program the ECU?? thanks for the link

Thank For your Answer i wen to the Mitsubishi dealer and they don't accept my car because is American and i live in Mexico is there a DIY way that i can program the ECU?? thanks for the link
    Theres a way to disable the immobilizer, I however have no knowledge on that. I know its been talked about, look into it if you wish.

Either that or you're gonna have to buy the set I told you.

Check with your local junk yards for a car with a key. Then take whats pictured from it.

i was reading that to, am looking for that now is i found a Computer whit a key, my frustration is i have the original key and immobilizer but the old ECU is fried, that is y o bought only the ECU that was my mistake.

i was reading that to, am looking for that now is i found a Computer whit a key, my frustration is i have the original key and immobilizer but the old ECU is fried, that is y o bought only the ECU that was my mistake.
    You will need all components from same car otherwise it won't work.

Thanks For the Helo i will be looking for the disable and if i don't found that i will buy and ECU whit all the staff thanks