The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Auto to Manual Conversion Questions

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

8G Auto to Manual Conversion Questions

I done this swap but not the master cylinder or any wiring or the pedal what should I do and how

yeah I just did the swap myself... but I haven't done any wiring because im not sure what to do also haven't done the master cylinder or the clutch pedal yet this is in my v6 3.0l es. ohh just curious but I need to remove the break pedal?
    Last edited by sexy 8G; 02-26-2015 at 01:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by sexy 8G View Post
    yeah I just did the swap myself... but I haven't done any wiring because im not sure what to do also haven't done the master cylinder or the clutch pedal yet this is in my v6 3.0l es. ohh just curious but I need to remove the break pedal?
    You're gonna want to use the stickshift brake pedal, the auto pedal can be dangreous after the swap.

You keep posting you did the swap but not the wiring pedal or master cylinder, then ask what you should do next.

Maybe you should do the things you mentioned that are not done. Hard part is dond, tie up the loose ends and finish it.

Does that mean that black round object in the engine bay is going with it ?

Sorry by the way in not all that savvy with transmissions and I'm kinda freaked out. However I feel that I am pretty mechanically inclined and good at following directions when given in simplest terms. If willing to help I'm grateful.

And this from the 3g eclipse GS right? Because that is where I got my clutch pedal from

Oh hey I know its alot questions but the shifter cables, how do I know which one goes to which peg

Dude calm the fk down and just edit you're post if you feel you need to add anything. im a bit confused as to what you have done?
    i'm guessing you have putt the transmission and clutch on the engine and that about it

Regarding the black round thing i think you're talking about you're master servo you want to keep that in case you feel the need to brake anytime in the future
    and regarding the shifter cables they basically go how you think they should go they don't kriss cross each other

p.s. this is just my personal opinion but cant you get friend or a family member to help you with this because although i don't doubt you're ability to fallow orders i think you need someone who can tell you the difference between a clutch and a brake
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Should you be able to move the clutch fork after the install

hey I installed the clutch and i'm trying to bleed it and its not bleeding at all what should I do?

still can't get it to bleed. But, earlier I had asked about the clutch fork being able to move and it wont click into place. also I bought a new battery today and when I reattached it the starter was spinning. which means two things the fly wheel is not touching it. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. It is feeling hopeless... I would feel much better if someone could set me straight.

I have a stage 1 fly wheel and clutch and I'm using the oem starter. Also if you could give me some pointers on the wiring and why the throw out bearing is not clicking into place. The clutch fork is easily moved with very little force applied with my hand. Regarding to the starter I have heard you use the starter from the 2g eclipse? I am sooo close to finishing but yet sooo far away due to set backs. ohh voodoo could you please pm me?
    Last edited by sexy 8G; 03-12-2015 at 02:13 AM

^ please make your own thread, STOP CLUTTERING UP THIS THREAD (and the V6 5 speed swap thread)

EDIT:

You need a person to help you or you could do it with a long heavy stick if you're by yourself.

I tried searching and I found this thread: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ing-the-clutch

Bench bleeding helps too if it's a new slave cylinder:
    Last edited by Black8GV6; 03-10-2015 at 10:24 PM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

sexy 8G, I have created you your own thread that you can use to ask questions as you encounter them. Black8GV6 was right to ask you to stop cluttering the old thread. The old thread is supposed to be used as a reference and it's much harder to use it as a reference when someone posts 4 times in a row with the first question that pops into their head.

This is not Facebook. This is a place for clean, organized discussions. Instead of asking 4 questions in a row, take a little time to research or use trial and error to figure it out on your own. This platform is 16 years old so chances are your question has already been answered here. It may seem like a drag, but you will be rewarded by improving your own problem-solving skills which you can then apply to other problems you may run into in the future. If you still can't get it, then make a clear, concise post with all of your questions wrapped into one. Don't expect the members here to graciously volunteer their time to spoon-feed you answers every time an idea pops into your head, because chances are they will not.

^^^Thank you sir!