The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9g tune by hackish

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

9g tune by hackish

Hackish is still doing the 9G Tuning.
    You can get in touch with him at [email protected] or http://support.fastworks.com/

he is currently running a sale:

You asked at a good time since it's our yearly sale from the 15th to the 31. So it's only on sale for $249.99 USD instead of $449.99.

You must buy the TACTRIX Openport 2.0 adapter and cable first for around $130-170
    he does not sell them as far as i know,
    I got mine and will be getting my tune with the mods I have.

Ill update when its done.

PERFORMANCE MODS:
    RRE Headers
    RRE Underdrive Pulley
    Secret Weapon R Short Ram Intake

He is currently working on my tune, will take about a week.
    I will update when the tune is installed unless anyone has any other questions.
    You cannot share the tune, in case anyone asks, it is a reflash with your specific VIN

Just wanted to give an update,
    Had the tune done by Hackish.
    It has a hell of a lot more power above 3k rpm then it had before,
    I didnt get it dyno'd and I dont think I will unless I toss some more mods on but it feels awesome.
    It was tuned for 93octane.

If anyone has any questions I will gladly answer them.

4 or 6 cyl?

Would he be able to do one for a 09' 6g75 Ralliart?

Quote Originally Posted by echo12 View Post
    4 or 6 cyl?

Would he be able to do one for a 09' 6g75 Ralliart?
    I have the 4 cyl.

AFAIK he should be able to,
    it should all be the same ecu programming.

awesome, i was planning on getting the RRM header and underdrive pulley, as well. i talked to the head tech over there and he said their ECM unit will work on our cars. now i just gotta find a galant-specific intake and exhaust system.
    Last edited by WEAPONS-GRADE; 07-08-2016 at 05:22 PM
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Quote Originally Posted by WEAPONS-GRADE View Post
    awesome, i was planning on getting the RRM headers and underdrive pulley, as well. i talked to the head tech over there and he said their ECM unit will work on our cars. now i just gotta find a galant-specific intake and exhaust system.

you can find intakes pretty easy, there is a thread here somewhere....

DC Sports makes a cold air intake

I had a Secret Weapon R Intake I am going to be selling. I need cash.
    Its a short ram.

AFAIK there are no exhaust systems that will be a complete bolt up, I have been told we can use a 4g eclipse exhaust but it will need to be extended about 4"
    I think I am just going to go with a custom catback soon.

yeah, i found a short ram by INJEN that fits our cars.

as far as exhausts go, i think i'm gonna go in the same direction as you. custom set-ups are usually the best, anyway. not sure if i'm gonna go cat-back or what just yet, though.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Yeah i have an Injen on my 8G.
    I like the factory box better with the lower air box cutout.
    No check engine light, about the same or a tiny bit less acceleration, colder air. No $$ Spent to do it. (And im actually saving gas, when I had the short ram on I was draining 1/4 tank or more a day.... I like to drive...)

I would love to do a cat delete but I dont wanna have it fail inspection and have to "fix" it lmao.
    I may end up with a high flow cat and a catback system eventually.

I would also recommend the RRE Headers and lite-weight under pullet by Road Race Engineering (Google RRE 4G)
    They gave me a bit more power, and i can get into higher rpm's faster, but what really helped was a retune by HACKISH after I got them installed.

Let me know how that Injen works out.

Im gonna be selling the WEAPON-R SECRET WEAPON short ram soon, ill ebay it, or post it here or something if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by 12GaugeMule; 05-13-2015 at 02:20 PM

strange, i was under the impression that short ram intakes get you better mileage, since the air they are sucking in is slightly warmer...
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Quote Originally Posted by WEAPONS-GRADE View Post
    strange, i was under the impression that short ram intakes get you better mileage, since the air they are sucking in is slightly warmer...
    That may be the case but Im guessing with the headers and tune I got done it was hindering not helping.
    It was also causing a SES light, now that I am back to stock air box with lower air box cutout it has gone away and only shows up if I am really pushing it on the highways or in really warm weather, (I'll get a rich code, or low o2 sensor voltage)

He can tune the 6G75, been doing 4G for years. Intake wise, stock intake with drop-in and resonators deleted is good. If you're going SRI, you need a shroud and fresh air feed or your IATs will go up.
    Last edited by tneil17; 05-28-2015 at 09:31 AM

Well I tossed the short ram back on with the ram air hose kit going under the car,
    hackish did another round of tuning and all is good with the world.

so much for getting that RRE header. i called to order the other day and they said they're out, with no plans of making more.
    2005 LANCER EVOLUTION MR
    2012 GALANT SE

Oh, well I guess you can check ebay?
    Or maybe convince them to make one more?

I know others have just cleared out their cats on their stock headers.