The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help need valve cover for 2001 mitsubishi galant 2.5 v6 24valve 6a13 engine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Help need valve cover for 2001 mitsubishi galant 2.5 v6 24valve 6a13 engine

Please if anyone selling item in title or can recommend where to get one please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think this one will fit?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=271793635549

Please help

I would say no. Considering the different engine series it would be very unlikely. Best bet is just get the correct valve cover. Based on you asking for a 6A13 valve cover, I'm guessing you are likely in Europe. I would recommend contacting some of our overseas members who would be able to help you find the parts. Trotty is in Australia, but should be able to get you anything you need. Palmz is in Iceland if I recall correctly. Perhaps even some members who are in Europe will see this post.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 03-23-2015 at 08:20 PM

Thanks mate. Trotty/Palmz or anyone else please help

Btw hello to all members

Have you tried contacting your local Mitsubishi dealership?

No mate no luck with that. There is a delay on throttle when trying to put pedal down. Any ideas why is that?

You will need to ensure the throttle cable is adjusted properly first. If the cable itself has slack that would be the primary reason for 'lag' with a mechanical throttle assembly. I would recommend that you also make sure the throttle assembly and body is clean and free from obstruction and dirt. Do you have any warning lights on the dashboard?

No warning light on dash. Noticed one time when i was pressing trottle down light on speedo gone brighter with a lag.

Please can some help me finding rocker cover for front thanks

its smoking as well now

Where are you located. Im in Norway atm but it shouldn't be so hard to get a cover of a parts car. I think your not looking hard enough. But i know there are alot of guys parting out cars on clubvr4 fb page look there

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Hi mate im based in uk. Honestly i have tried a lot but cannot find part. Unfortunately i don't have fb. I found one on ebay but it was sold unfortunately. Look at this video what do you think this could be a cause. I have found one engine was thinking to do a full engine swap. Do you have any idea how much its likely to cost in labour for an engine swap?thanks

have you looked closer at your problem i.e. have you removed the cover and looked at the gasket have you tried to put some gasket seal?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

I had gasket replace couple months back not driven much since and it started leaking again. Just had a closer look and it seems to be leaking from left side as you looking at engine rocker

May I ask, are you able to work on the car you're self? Because i highly doubt u "need" a new valve cover. If u can take it of inspect it and also look at the gasket.
    put some sealent on both sides of the gasket when u put it all together

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

I never done this sort of thing before but I'm thinking to this myself so i know job has been done. Any idea what causing a lag when shifting gears mostly is from second to third. Seems like lag happens when depress accelerator to change gears. Its manual btw.

Finally replaced rocker gasket. Never knew it were that easy. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by invisi6le View Post
    I never done this sort of thing before but I'm thinking to this myself so i know job has been done. Any idea what causing a lag when shifting gears mostly is from second to third. Seems like lag happens when depress accelerator to change gears. Its manual btw.

You will need to inspect the shifter linkages and synchros. They may be worn or loose causing your 'lag' feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast