The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Various customizations on my GTZ.

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Various customizations on my GTZ.

Just a few little things I've done in the three months I've had the car (along with the black roof I posted in another thread).

Had the engine professionally detailed (it was filthy).

Masked off things with tin foil and spray painted the plenum and heat shield with high temp engine enamel. Added the emblem and oil cap.

Led map lights. Pic was taken without a flash. I've also installed led bulbs in the trunk and on the license plate.

Got some used Galant letters on ebay and used gel super glue to attach them.

Wondering if I should have painted them black, but they're probably stuck there for good now. I still like them chrome though.

Vinyl carbon fiber texture emblem on seat backs. I just ordered a sample square off ebay for a buck and cut them out myself. Turned out better than I thought it would.

Red vinyl in horn emblem.

Welded stainless steel exhaust tip.

Still have a lot more to do of course!

2001 Galant GTZ

I Like what you've done! I have done the same with the steering wheel, does the "GALANT" on the door sills catch on the door at all? Or on peoples shoes?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

No, I tested the letters with the door before I glued them down, and the location on the rear of the door sill never really gets touched by people getting in and out of the car. Worked out perfect. I couldn't find any a metal Galant sill online, so I thought this was a good (and cheap) alternative.

2001 Galant GTZ

Thumbs up on the sills! Never would have thought about that.