The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cranks but wont start

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

cranks but wont start

i have a 99 galant and i was having issues with it dying while driving. it would rev up to 3000 rpm then die. now the car just wont start. it cranks but wont start. i know everyone goin to say knowledge base this n that n so on but truth is i cant find anything exactly related to my problem any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by saulv; 03-29-2015 at 04:12 PM Reason: missed additional info

That is one of the most asked questions in car talk overall. Get your battery tested and your alternator. Make sure your cables aren't corroded and the ground cable is mounted to the frame/engine and no corrosion there.

This has been posted dozens of times in all car forums FYI. I know it seems like you have something unique, but it's common.

People are going to tell you knowledge base and all that because you have only made this one post and once your car is fixed you'll be gone. Get on a PC and use the search bar, "car cranks won't start" or google it for that matter.

Good luck and welcome to TGC

Quote Originally Posted by iamjparkinson View Post
    That is one of the most asked questions in car talk overall. Get your battery tested and your alternator. Make sure your cables aren't corroded and the ground cable is mounted to the frame/engine and no corrosion there.

This has been posted dozens of times in all car forums FYI. I know it seems like you have something unique, but it's common.

People are going to tell you knowledge base and all that because you have only made this one post and once your car is fixed you'll be gone. Get on a PC and use the search bar, "car cranks won't start" or google it for that matter.

Good luck and welcome to TGC
    thank you. one more thing i left out is when it tries to die on me while driving i give it gas but it would only go to 2000 rpms then die. also it wouldnt die while on park only while driving.
    Last edited by saulv; 03-30-2015 at 01:42 AM