The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please Help!!!!

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Please Help!!!!

I just recently got my car tuned up. I have a 2001 galant v6. All of a sudden my car started missing and making this putting noise and when slowing down,idling or driving at about 35 car shakes terribly and feels like it's cutting off. The mechanic says I have a miss in cyclinder 3 he claims my valve is stuck from years of low grade gas. I was wondering can I just get a valve cleaner 2 fix this problem because spending $700 to replace it is not an option

Sounds like the mechanic has gone bad, may need to replace it.

So u saying it's something 2 do with the TuneUp?

It would help to be a bit more specific as to what exactly is happening and what exactly was done.

For me a tune up includes, spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, which will require intake gaskets, oil and filter change, air filter change, and i'll take it as far as coolant flush and fill as well as transmission flush.

Describe what the car is doing and leave the word shaking, shuddering, or putting out, worst words for describing car problems.

Do you currently have the Service Engine Soon light on? If so, what codes we're pulled?
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 04-02-2015 at 03:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 01 Galant Owner View Post
    So u saying it's something 2 do with the TuneUp?
    Incidentally, try to use proper grammar and spelling. I know I'm not alone when I say I don't take those seriously who type out "u" for "you", "r" for "are" or "2" for "to".

P0303. The car is idling very ruff especially in gear almost cutting off and shakes @ certain speeds. Yes all of that was done when he did the TuneUp

It doesn't matter how I write it U know what I'm saying

My questions are as follows:

1. Why did you do a tune-up in the first place?
    A. Did you have a issue?
    2. What did you have replaced for this tune-up?
    A. Be specific, what was replaced?

My recommendation is this:

If you had no issues before said "tune-up", check what was replaced before anything else. You may have had bad/defective parts installed.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Incidentally, try to use proper grammar and spelling. I know I'm not alone when I say I don't take those seriously who type out "u" for "you", "r" for "are" or "2" for "to".
    Those drive me crazy.. But I agree with RedGalant, did you need a tune up or was it just to have a tune up?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

My 2nd post = What Dave and Techno said.

I got the tune-up because when I was coming to a stop the car was acting like it was going to cut off and also the car was shifting really hard took it to the mechanic he said I needed a tune-up.

All the parts that were put on are as follows:
    Spark Plugs
    Wires
    Distributor Cap
    Filters
    Transmission Flush

I think that's all

Then inspect the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and distributor cap for damage and/or incorrect installation. Even good mechanics make mistakes, and it could be as simple as cracked porcelain on one spark plug. A pair of spark plug wires could be installed on the wrong cylinders. The distributor cap and rotor could be incorrectly installed, or damaged.

It should be asked again as Oak said...did the vehicle ever have a "Check Engine Light" on? If so, did you ever have it checked out? And is there a check engine light on as of now?

my takes on it. Incorrect spark plugs or a bad coil. Check your CEL maybe you have a p0300 random miss or p03xx for a given cylinder. I would first replace the spark plugs, get the correct ones. them take it from there

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built