Hi folks,

I'm from Australia and the owner of a JDM Mitsubishi Galant (Legnum) wagon VR4. You know, the AWD 6A13TT one with AYC that you guys missed out on and so did we. Except we can import them from Japan coz they're already right hand drive....

Anyway back on topic. I'm wondering if they sold the 8G in wagon form in the USA, and *if so*, do they have a center lap-sash seat belt in the rear or is the center belt lap only?

The reason I ask is that I have three kids and soon enough the youngest of them is going to outgrow his child seat with harness. Once that happens one of the boys will have to use a lap only seat belt and I'll be buggered if I want to do that. Just reading about the injuries people get from lap only seat belts....ugh.

I have asked engineering firms about somehow adding a sash to the center seat and the answer has been a resounding "not interested, can't be done".

Now if the USA wagons have a center lap sash belt, it means I could buy one and ship it to Australia and have it re-upholstered to match the rest of the car. Slim chance I know, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I can't post attachments so I can't include a nice picture of my car, but here's some details:

- 2000 "Facelift" edition VR4 in Pearl white
- 5sp manual, All wheel drive (Viscous Transfer case) with AYC torque vectoring rear differential
- Tuned, 241hp at the wheels (AWD, so about 280hp if it was only front wheel drive)
- Full 3" exhaust
- Tein GT Wagon coilovers
- About 13.2s quarter mile
- About 5.3 seconds 0-60
- Regularly destroys GM 6 litre V8s (L76 and the like)
- Soon to be upgraded to E85, with a likely 308hp at the wheels, and around 370 foot pounds of derived torque (4th gear pull)