The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mission "Ralliart-indropssible" ?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Mission "Ralliart-indropssible" ?

Has anyone actually dropped a 6G75 Ralliart?

And if so, how....?

All the places I've looked at springs clearly state: "not recommended for Ralliart..."
    And yes, I know we all want coil-overs...
    ...but Santa Claus and taxes come only once a year...

Yet, what is it that makes the Ralliart so special that no aftermarket parts maker dares this venture?
    Besides having a curb weight of 150 lbs more than the GTS?
    I know that there has to be at least ONE person with a dropped 9G-Ralliart.

Last edited by echo12; 04-10-2015 at 12:12 AM

We need info. Help us out
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Pro-Tip: Adjust your withholdings so you don't get such a big tax return each year and instead get more each paycheck, that way each paycheck has a mini-return for you to play with/save up.

Thanks blue...

http://www.modifiedcars.com/31811/attachment/17551

WORKS made them before but they stopped making them. i guess there was no demand. the link above shows the car lowered on Works but thats as low as it gets. My GTS on MEGAN is lower than that.

So is there a difference in the suspension in the GTS and Ralliart that would prevent you from using the same springs/shocks? Im curious as to why you cant use the GTS pars for the Ralliart.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    So is there a difference in the suspension in the GTS and Ralliart that would prevent you from using the same springs/shocks? Im curious as to why you cant use the GTS pars for the Ralliart.
    It's the same/similar suspension type as the 4th Gen Eclipse. Since most 9th gen owners are fairly new to modifying their cars, stuff like that can easily deter them from upgrades .
    Last edited by G-spot; 04-08-2015 at 07:50 AM

best person to ask here is Gotti. He is a mechanic at a mitsubishi dealership. Eclipse lowering coils work for galants but our rears are a tad heavier than the 4g eclipse and some have reported the rear springs binding.

Mission "Ralliart-indropssible" ?

TBQH, I would be more interested in the fwd drop than the rear drop. Then again, my concern is that my previous 9gts started to have struts issues in the rear after aprox 85K & my current 9g-Ralliart is getting close to his 70K miles bday. Considering it is a very similar situation in many aspects, I realize that if I do springs, I might as well do shocks too, and for the cost of that i'd be simply looking at the same cost of coil-overs.
    Of course springs are the most "cost-efficient" but I also believe that u get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Ggts View Post
    Although I am 2 years newer than the model presented (and I am extremely jealous of that bumper...) , as far as I am concerned Mitsubishi didn't change anything but ecu tuning, bumpers, and some other "looks" features. I am on stock EVERYTHING, Including Ralliart rims, so this drop would be perfect for me since I'm not looking to scrape, or have to worry about a speed bumps.
    The question is not finding the springs...
    The question is WHICH springs....
    I emailed WORKS recently, more on that when and IF, they respond.
    Auto city imports shows several brands and prices and each has different expectancies on droppage...
    But again which one would be the best option since they all include the dreaded "NOT FOR RALLIART" statement.

Last edited by echo12; 04-10-2015 at 01:06 AM

Here's a pic of the statement added for each and every springs sets...

Not much out there for RalliArt. Coilovers would be your best bet or just risk it and try the Megan Springs specific for the Galant and not the eclipse.

That would be an expensive risk

ya it is. the megan springs for eclipse has a spring rate of 250 front and 220 rear with a 1.5 drop while the megan galant 4 cyl is 250 front and 230 rear with a 1.750 drop.

I emailed WORKS regarding tech data as such. I'm more interested in max load.