The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WHEELS FOR 95 GALANT

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

WHEELS FOR 95 GALANT

I was planning on putting 17's on my car. I just went to a wheel shop and htey told me that I would not be able to put 17's because they are too wide and i would not be able to turn the wheel completely cus they would hit. He was also telling me that i would have to cut into the wheel well if i wanted to put anything bigger than what i have stock. Does anyone know if this is true or not. And also whats the biggest size i can go without having any problems as far as hitting or rubbing when i turn?
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

That guy is a freakin moron! Go to another shop or order them on-line! I have 17x7.5 on my car and it is lowerd! I did not have to cut the wheel well! I think the largest you can go with out cutting or lowering the car is 19". If you want to lower your car go no larger than 18". But definately go to another shop cuz that guy has no clue! Ask any of the other guys here and they will tell you the same!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

sounds like they don't carry low profile tires hahaha

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

what was funny about it was that he turns to me and was like.. " if you want to put anything bigger than stock, you wouldnt be able to use the same tires, you would have to buy low profile." .. thats when i just couldnt take it anymore and had to laugh in his face.. i was like no shit... even i dont work here and i know that.
    95 Galant S ~> 5 Speed Manual

black7g
    that shit is funny . dude must be living under a rcck. you will have no problems having 17s put on your car. i have 17s on mine and its lowered. i think you might have problems if you put 19s.

Dont' get tires wider than 205, 215 at maximum. I have 225/40zr18 and I rub a little on the control due to width being 225. As far as turning and such, no problems at all.

i think you might have problems if you put 19s.
    You could fit them, you just couldnt lower the car at all! Like I said though dont go any bigger than 18"

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Dark Anghell
    The way I think about it is this: If the car rubs some place...let it rub. After the shit that's making the noise is gone due to extensive rubbing, the noise will stop.

I have 18's on my car, it's lowered and I have no problems. I did before due to the camber kit, but not anymore because i raised the car by half an inch.