The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: power windows

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

power windows

hi everyone,
    im having problems with my passenger side window
    I've narrowed the problems and i think my window motor is "dying"
    all other windows work so its not a fuse, switch is also good when i press it
    i ear a "cliking" sound, but there is no sound coming from the motor has to be that.
    since i can't find any galant on the junkyard right now and a new one is to expensive
    I've been watching diy videos on rebuilding power window motors, ill share a link here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pTDF6R9-RA

and a detailed webpage with the same topic:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/10...d-gen-4-a.html

i want to know if anyone here has attempted this? what you guys think?

I would buy a used one online.. A lot less work that way but if you are dead set on rebuilding one then go for it and I wish you luck!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Try applying direct power to the motor. Its a 2 pin plug, unolug it and apply power to the motor side of the connector. Go positve/negative one way for up or down and then flip the wires to go the other way. If the window moves then its not the motor. To try this you dont have to remove the motor, just the door panel, then find a power source like a drill battery or a car battery. Be careful with this if your car blows up and lands in your neighbors pool its not my fault, that's the risk you take when you DIY.

I once had this happen to me and it turned out to be a bad master switch on the drivers side. Everything else would work except the passanger front.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 04-04-2015 at 10:31 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I would buy a used one online.. A lot less work that way but if you are dead set on rebuilding one then go for it and I wish you luck!
    i would like to try other options first, because i want to save the money to fix other things on my car, thats why i don't want to buy the motor

Quote Originally Posted by mgtd98 View Post
    i would like to try other options first, because i want to save the money to fix other things on my car, thats why i don't want to buy the motor
    Understandable
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

[QUOTE=oakrdrs187;808189]Try applying direct power to the motor. Its a 2 pin plug, unolug it and apply power to the motor side of the connector. Go positve/negative one way for up or down and then flip the wires to go the other way. If the window moves then its not the motor. To try this you dont have to remove the motor, just the door panel, then find a power source like a drill battery or a car battery. Be careful with this if your car blows up and lands in your neighbors pool its not my fault, that's the risk you take when you DIY.

I once had this happen to me and it turned out to be a bad master switch on the drivers side. Everything else would work except the passanger front.[/QUOTE

my neighbors don't have pools, maybe i can land it on the rooftop .

I've been doing some tests with the multimeter. i have over coming to the master switch and the window motor so no problem there. I've also tested the switch for continuity but the readings are strange i have power going thru the circuit but suddenly it stops! could be a problem with the master switch....i just need the test the window motor the way you suggested. by the way how you fixed the master switch?

thanks you guys for the help

Replaced it.