The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New member from PA

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

New member from PA

Hey fellow members of TGC, I have been on this forum using it for just about everything for two months and I finally made an account. My first and only car is a 2000 ES. I bought it from used car dealership for a decent price in good shape. Had her for over a year now and its been a very good car. I love it. I have only had to replace the Camshaft Positioning Sensor, Battery, Water outlet (or inlet I'm not sure), & done a tune-up & i need to take out the thermostat housing and clean it up & replace it or just put the sane one back on(provided it's in better condition then the one I got off an Es in a junkyard yesterday) & put a new gasket. I'm just being lazy. Haven't done anything else to the motor, as far as exterior I just put on 02-03 tailights, black grille & I'm currently rocking 3G eclipse wheels. I have a vision in mind for the car & wish to start taking it and entering it in car shows. I just need more time & parts. The only issue I'm having is that I put a new faceplate on my instrument cluster & the temperature is off by a quarter of the gauge and the fuel is off by a little bit too, just wish I knew how to adjust it. Will post pictures as soon as I figure out how I can.

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome.

Welcome to TGC
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Welcome
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Welcome!

Only way to adjust the fuel is fill the tank and place the needle at the full mark, won't be perfect but very close.

For the temp gauge, let the car reach normal temp, as long as its not having issues, place the needle just below the half mark, a little on the higher side to be safe.

Thanks for welcoming me.

Oakrdrs187 I will do what you said as soon as I get a chance. I'm 100% sure it's not a temperature issue, just me being a noob with the the cluster.

Here are pictures, as you can see it's going to need a little TLC (new front end is what I'm currently getting parts for), but I think it still looks beautiful.

Bumpers cracked, so I want a new one & I got the grille of an ES in a junkyard (you will hear me say that a lot).

Sorry about the size of the pictures & again thank you all, I look forward to learning & contributing to this site although I'm sure it has more than enough information.

Experienced TGC Member
    Nice and clean.

Welcome man can't wait to see what you have planned

welcome! what part of pa?

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.