The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: will these parts of my car have to be modified to add aftermarket rims?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

will these parts of my car have to be modified to add aftermarket rims?

Hello All, Hope you are having a nice day. I am wondering if the following parts of my car will have to be modified for this addon. that is aftermarket rims.

1. Will my suspension have to be modified or be adjusted in any way?
    2. Will these tires fit my 2001 Galant without any fender curling or wheel well modifications
    3.Will my Odometer have to be adjusted to reflect my new fuel economy, as my tires will be different from factory ones(15 inch)
    4.Is carID a good place to get tire and rim packages.

I hope this is good info and hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks for answering my questions and have a wonderful day.
    Last edited by 8gFanForeverkwetzel; 04-08-2015 at 10:26 PM

I can only answer the CarID question, and the answer is I have never had any trouble ordering from them, although I have not bought rims and tires from them before. I believe the rims come with an install package when you buy them from CarID (chrome lug nuts, etc.) So that is a plus of ordering straight from them. I am not sure about shipping costs for it so you might want to check that out before you decide incase that adds some more to the price.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

well you have to tell us what tire/wheel sz you are going with

Juicejax,

I plan on going with HERCULES TOUR 4.0 PLUS all season tires with front and rear tire size of 205/55R16 H. Both are the same. Also the rims i plan on going with are Maxxim 16 inch Maze wheels, if this is any help. thanks again.

you will be perfectly fine

Quote Originally Posted by 8gFanForeverkwetzel View Post
    Hello All, Hope you are having a nice day. I am wondering if the following parts of my car will have to be modified for this addon. that is aftermarket rims.

1. Will my suspension have to be modified or be adjusted in any way?
    2. Will these tires fit my 2001 Galant without any fender curling or wheel well modifications
    3.Will my Odometer have to be adjusted to reflect my new fuel economy, as my tires will be different from factory ones(15 inch)
    4.Is carID a good place to get tire and rim packages.

I hope this is good info and hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks for answering my questions and have a wonderful day.
    205/55/16 are a stock recommend size when going with 16 inch wheels. Our cars came with that size original on V6 models. So to answer in order:

In order to run said wheel/tire package
    1. No suspension modifications needed.

2. Yes they will fit with no modifications required.

3. Your speedometer will see a slight change that will not be noticeable at normal driving speeds. For example when the needle is at 70, you maybe really be going 71. But there's nothing that can be done about that.

4. I placed a thousand dollar order for my Dads brother. No problems, he orderdd s bunch of accessories for his 2010 jeep wrangler and 2012 F150. No problems, everything was well packaged. I would recommend them.

Thank you all. I have since gotten the rims!. I will post picks soon.