The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Starting the build

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Starting the build

Bought a 9G late last summer and now it is time to start putting some work in. Im going to try to post pic's as the build progresses. Here are a couple of the car from a few days ago before it all begins. Let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions. Feel free to share pic's of your ride too.

Last edited by Voodoo; 04-14-2015 at 09:36 AM Reason: Changed URLs to IMGs

That's a clean car, it's mod ready. Don't be discouraged by the abundance of 8G's on the site, there are some very clean 9G's. Off the top of my head, "Gotti, Brent-ralliart, and another memeber I can't remember the user name, its black and very clean, took some hi def pictures once.

Looking clean! blacking out the chrome on the grill looks good.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Thanks oakrdrs and exhaust power! Ive seen a few 9Gs on the site that i really like. I like both of your cars in your signature pictures. Very clean.
    Hopefully ill have a chance to wash mine up again tomorrow and get a few shots with the new wheels

Here are a few shots of the car with new wheels on it. What do you guys think? Gets me all excited to buy more parts!
    http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...psjyx8wmnv.jpg
    http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...pso0yt0yzw.jpg
    http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps8s5askcq.jpg

Also does anyone know if the bumper from the 2011's will fit my 07? I love the look of those bumpers

Is there any way you can get us a part number off those head lights? They aboslutly set the whole front end off and my g simply needs them in her life.

Jarrett the headlights are the stock Ralliart projector lights. The only markings i could find one the light was: Sae hrai5pp 00
    Hope that helps! Glad you like the car

Like man I love it I'm located in Texas too. Saw your other post. But didn't want to hop around what did you drop her on. I need mine this low too. Do you have any clearance issues?

Couldn't find lights based on number provided, and can't find OE projectors anywhere online. Guess ill have to call dealer or junk yards. My 9gs all black so those would just set the whole front end off.

My car actually isnt dropped yet. I plan to have it lowered on ksport coils by the end of the summer. As soon as I have them on I will post pics. I should also be doing the brakes in the next couple weeks and will have pics of those too
    You can find the headlights on ebay pretty easy or dealers could definitely get them for you(although it is probably pricey)

Also just to clarify, your talking about the headlight housing right? not the bulbs?

Lol yea I'm looking for the whole assembly. I've seen several drops on ksports. Can make the 9 have an evil stance to it looks slick I've got one inch drop on my front and have yet to decide if I want to throw on the rears. One inch in the front makes it look like it should have came that way from factory, but lower the better as long as its not scrapping or rubbing!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about drop post I was looking at Rob's post. Didnt pay attention to op.

I agree with you Jarrett, can't wait to drop mine! Ill keep an eye out for the headlight during my many searches for parts and let you know if I find something.
    G-spot that is a clean ass ride!

Tried doing this a few days ago with some plastidip. Decided I didnt really like it and peeled it off but thought I would post it and maybe give some other people ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Sean9G View Post

Tried doing this a few days ago with some plastidip. Decided I didnt really like it and peeled it off but thought I would post it and maybe give some other people ideas
    It's hard to get those lines straight and the way you want.. I've seen couple guys in my town who did their own stripes and the stripe on the roof is about a half inch thicker than on the hood and trunk lol Yours doesn't look bad at all! Were the edges a little lifted or jagged? I saw a tutorial once where the tape had to be peeled off with every layer of plastidip just so the plastidip didn't stick to the tape. Seemed like a pain in the ass to me so I never attempted it. Love the headlights by the way!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

The edges tore a little bit at the top, but I knew i let it dry to much before peeling. I just didnt really like the look so I peeled it off. I have some fog lights coming in soon to match the signals

- - - Updated - - -

Also I got some new pads and rotors for the car and decided to paint the calipers while I was at it. Heres some pics:

Decided to do purple to match the lights and because its different
    Thoughts?

I loved what you've done so far with it.
    The combination of all the colors including the purple really makes it stand out.

I'm curious if your going low, what are u planning on using.

I'm trying to see if I can get ahold of Brent and find out how he got his lowered with his WORKS springs. (I need details on his install)

I know that all other springs available state "not recommended for Ralliart". Yet, the 07-08 is 20-25lbs heavier than the 09 which is what I have.

Thanks Echo, appreciate it. Ill hopefully have some more work to show soon, just waiting on money for parts haha.
    Definitely plan on going low, am currently thinking of going with ksport coilovers. Want to do coils so I can lift it back up in the winter cause here in Edmonton, AB we get a shit ton of snow. If you have any suggestions let me know! Always looking to learn and gather feedback

I don't want you to put your secret out there, but i am curious to know how did you make the Orange side markers look purple lol....

Haha always glad to share. I simply replaced the signal/marker lights with purple leds. It is just the bulb that is orange and not the plastic so you can make whatever colour you want. Have fun man