The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6000K LEDs or 10000K LEDs?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

6000K LEDs or 10000K LEDs?

I am looking to upgrade my fog lights to LEDS because right now they just aren't cutting it. I'm having a hard time deciding between 6000K or 10000K LED bulbs. I want more of a white color but I want it to be as bright as possible, any suggestions? The roads I live on get really dark and my friend just rammed a deer so I want to get as much light horizontally as I can. Also, what size bulb do I need? Because one website says H11 and another says 899, or are those the same thing? haha
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 04-24-2015 at 09:34 AM
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

6000 vs 10000 only changes color not the actual light output. If going LED I would suggest Diode Dynamics. Go for the HP36 option in white.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/1...fog-light-leds

10000k is blue AF!

If you are interested in visibility, I gotta say you are rocking the wrong heads.

But sometimes you gotta make do with what you have. My suggestion is to get those projector lights on some 5000k low beam HID (Not LED). LED is not as bright as HID, in order for LED to be functional as in down road visibility, they need to be setup with the right optics, of which ebay projectors are not, neither are the stock foglight housings. Audi and BMW have done a great job on getting LED headlights to work, but they dumped alot of money into the optics of theirs headlights. Going LED on the Foglights is merely a looks thing, it will achieve the color tone most are looking for without melting the small housings with HID lights.

If you still want you're foglights to match, and be as functional as they can be, throw in another HID kit in them, 5000k will give you more output than 6000k and look closer to natural white. Also make sure everything is aimed correctly, be Anal about it and get it right for the most light output.

Thanks for the info guys! I'll do some more research! What size bulb should I get?

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! I'll do some more research! What size bulb should I get?
    Bulb size isn't by choice. Its what it takes bro.

Pull out a fog light bulb and look at it. Also your low beam light if you haven't done so.

880 series is how they label the kits. And your low beam is an H1.

Your low beam is h7 actually

I went the halo route with a modification to the stock housings.

Last edited by FooseGalant; 04-24-2015 at 04:44 PM Reason: add photos

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Your low beam is h7 actually
    Are they really?

I owned a set once that we're H1.

Maybe they changed.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Bulb size isn't by choice. Its what it takes bro.

Pull out a fog light bulb and look at it. Also your low beam light if you haven't done so.

880 series is how they label the kits. And your low beam is an H1.
    I know, I mean't that as a "what size do I need?" haha I just worded it weird, my bad.

When I pull the bulb out how do I know which one it is? Is it labeled or will I have to go look at a chart? I just have factory fogs if that helps any.

Try using the search function next time my man. Also there is a bulb list that has been stickied fyi

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ight=bulb+list

Thanks for all the help! Sorry for the noob questions, I'm still learning

Need some help here, I'm stumped... I decided to go with an HID kit instead of LEDs and got it all installed and working fine, then the driver side went out. I disconnected it and reconnected it and it turned on for a brief, glorious second and went out again. It was making a high pitched buzzing while it was on. I switched the ballast and connectors and it did the same, I even tried moving the bulb to the other side of the car in hopes of success and still the same thing happened. I also noticed when I had only the bad bulb in and the good one disconnected, my amp for my subs would make a loud buzzing noise until the light turn itself off again. What confuses me is the bulb turns on for half a second and then goes out, but it does this every time I switch my fogs on and off. Any ideas what could be causing the issue??

EDIT: It turns out it was a defective bulb, the company sent me a new one and it works perfect!
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 05-05-2015 at 10:04 AM Reason: Update