The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: evo 9 parts

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

evo 9 parts

Well the stars have aligned and it might be time to go turbo. My friend had his evo 9 broken into and the insurance is giving him a check and letting him buy his car back for cheap. he's decided to get a tundra and told me I have 1st dibs on parts when he parts out so im going to try to take advantage of the situation. only thing he plans to keep is the transmission and rear end for his gvr4. I know theres probably a thread here with what I can use but I couldn't find it. also if anyone needs anything in particular from an evo 9 let me know. im sure he will be parting out in a couple weeks and I will be posting in FS to help him out.

anyways here's what I think I can get to use for my car off the top of my head

fuel pump
    injectors & rail
    exhaust manifold
    brakes
    piping, turbo, intercooler, cam gear
    starter?
    ecu?
    miscellaneous sensors

not sure if I can use the head because its a mivec head, if I can, then ill consider doing dohc. but for the most part Im looking to stay sohc and achieve hp in the 200-240 range. so nothing crazy.

if anyone has a link to a parts list, that would be great.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Don't need the cam gears. Adjustable cam gears are needed if the head swap is done.

Head is a mivec so u r right u can't use it.

Don't need the started

Ecu won't work. If u decide to step into the evo ecu world then u need an evo8 ecu. U would need to be 5spd swapped and then convert to an evo8 ecu to make tuning easier

Only sensor u need from the evo is the knock sensor. All of our sensors are identical as the evo except the tps. So if u swap the head and want to use an evo intake manifold then u use the evo throttle body and the tps.

Keep in mind with the evo turbo u need extended manifold studs to clear the starter.

Let me know if u need any help. I'm easier to reach on Facebook. PM if u want.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

You can use:
    injectors & rail and resistor box
    exhaust manifold
    2 exhaust manifold flanges to work as spacers
    brakes
    piping, turbo, intercooler, Blow off valve
    Evo throttle body is the best option for the outlander manifold.
    MAF sensor

4g64T 5spd