The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Techn0Nuts 2002 ES

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 79

Techn0Nuts 2002 ES

I saw a bunch of threads about what people have done to their cars to this point so I figured I would start my own and add on as I continued to own the car. Some of the pictures might be repeats from some people who have already seen some of my posts but I wanted to compile them all in once place.
    Enjoy!

01/13 I purchased the car bone stock with 181,638 miles on it for $2300. I was pretty happy with my purchase.

The first thing I did was take it to a shop and have the timing belt and all the fluids changed as well as had them give the car a full look over. Everything was fine.

04/13 I installed my first subwoofer ever, a single Kenwood 12" running on a 1000watt amp. At the time I sure was proud of it lol.

05/13 Got ahold of some interior LEDs, one of my favorite purchases for the car to this day. They have the sound activated and color changing modes, I'm a sucker for lights and LEDs. Also put in an additional 2 12" Kenwood subs and a 1000X2 amp.

(Not my car, found on google)

09/13 Painted the factory wheels black and bought new hubcaps from them since I could not afford rims yet. Later got new tires put on the rims.

10/13 Finally upgraded the headunit to a nice Pioneer, I should have done this from the start.

01/14 Continuing on with my LED addiction, I got million color LED underglow. It was a fun little project and pretty cool effect at night too.

You can see both control panels for the interior glow and the underglow

03/14 I got rear ended coming into the parking lot at my school, the girl behind me was distracted (go figure) but it all got fixed.

04/14 Painted the trim and door handles black to add some contrast and match the wheels. Ended up debadging the trunk as well.

11/14 Purchased Spec-D tuning headlights, overall they are decent, wish the halos were brighter but they can be changed I just haven't. Ended up replacing my radiator with a little larger one because the old one had a hole in it.

1/15 Upgraded my subs to 2 15" JBls, I am very pleased with them. Also debadged the trunk and added LED dome lights, trunk lights, license plate lights, and turn signals.

(I have since taken off those shitty connectors and soldered and heat shrunk the resistors to the turn signals)

2/15 Thanks to Oakrdrs187, I was able to complete the foglight mod that allows you to run foglights with the parking light and high beams, thanks for your help!! Also added black mesh to the grill and check out the link here to see what I did with my windshield washers, actually turned out better than I was expecting lol.

I then proceeded to slide into an ice bank, denting my rear quarter panel pretty good. I was able to push it out then I was able to try my hand at body work for the first time. It turned out decent but would I do it again? Doubtful. Heres the link for the whole thread on the issue.

04/15 Took off my old, bubbling, purplish tint that came with the car when I bought it and replaced it with new, black tint, 35% front 20% rear.

As of right now I believe that's everything, I will update this as progress is made. What are your guys thoughts on it? I'd love to hear some more input.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 04-27-2015 at 09:10 AM
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Looks good, being I had the 8gb Bumper I know it limits you far as modding the grill/front end but here are few options,
    Color matching the grill pieces like a GTZ I think it would look good with black diamond logo in the front...

or leaving the grill parts black and painting/dipping the middle piece of the bumper black like this and Making the diamonds white...

both pretty easy to do with some Plastidip and can give it a diff look

I quite like the second option.. I'll give that some more thought, thanks! Is that an integra lip on the second car?

maybe..not sure...type r integra lip maybe

Upgraded my fogs to 6000K HIDs, looks great and works even better!

Nice and aligned.

Replaced the housings while I was at it.

Blog Entries
    Nice ride bro check it mines

After searching around finally got some new rims and tires that fit.

Please excuse the finger haha.

The new tires aren't even that much larger than what I had.

Holy wheel gap batman!

I like the wheels and where this car is going, but do something about that gap asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    After searching around finally got some new rims and tires that fit.

Please excuse the finger haha.

The new tires aren't even that much larger than what I had.
    That's how it's suppose to be....sidewall gets shorter as diameter gets bigger to keep overall circumference about the same...

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    That's how it's suppose to be....sidewall gets shorter as diameter gets bigger to keep overall circumference about the same...
    yep, that's what my issue was with the old tires lol they were way to freaking big.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Holy wheel gap batman!

I like the wheels and where this car is going, but do something about that gap asap.
    I'm trying! haha Keep in mind thats also larger than factory ride height due to my driveway being uneven, the suspension keeps the car level so the passenger side is boosted up a bit making a bigger gap. Like an inch higher...

Post a leveled pic...that driveway is doing you no favors

Or back that thing in!

I'll post one once I get it cleaned up again, constant rain sucks.

My brothers are in town so I had them do a bit of a photoshoot with their Nikons.

(Fly chilling in the shade haha)

Still not the most level ground in the world, but it's better than my driveway haha

Blog Entries
    see you have good suspension My car seem very low

I want mine lower haha

Lol guess we like different things this side of the world

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I want mine lower haha
    lol

Was able to brighten the halos up quite a bit with LEDs instead of the regular bulbs. Went ahead and changed them to my favorite color while I was at it.

Installed a universal vortex generator kit. I'm pleased with it but still having mixed feelings. I wanted an Evo 8 one like other members have but I didn't like how it was all black, but I also didn't like the color matched ones, so I went with this kit so I can still have the black fins but not have the black go all the way across the roof. Looks kind of like they were stuck on but that's because they were, came with some sturdy 3M double sided tape so I can always take them off if I decided to.

Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 06-05-2015 at 08:01 PM

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast