The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Techn0Nuts 2002 ES

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 79 of 79
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Adjust them properly
    Adjusting them did nothing, I agree with Red on this one. Going to have to wait till mid Feb till I'm back home I'm afraid. I am impressed with the factory premium speakers in the Accord, they sound really good! I miss the G though , the Accord just does't feel as sporty even with the larger engine.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Hey guys! I would like you opinion. I really like the factory headlights on the accord, and I really don't like any of the projectors headlights that I have found. So, what I want to do is buy these (black with amber strip) and retrofit them with projectors and HIDs eventually. But, I also want to add some LEDs in the amber strip along the bottom of the lights and have them flash with the turn signals. Any clue how hard it would be? I think it would be doable and worth it because they would be custom to my car only and give it more of a VIP "Audi" style in the front.

You can just open your stock lights and paint the shrouds black. And clean and polish the lens inside and out. Its very doable.

Check out theretrofitsource website

You can just open your stock lights and paint the shrouds black. And clean and polish the lens inside and out. Its very doable.
    I want to start from scratch, all new headlights. Mainly since I have no clue how long it will take me to complete and I still have to drive the car. I've checked out theretrofitsource and that's who I'm going to get that stuff from, but what about the orange LEDs in the strip?

They have everything there.

Well, update on the Accord lights (I know its not a G but I'm proud of it and the Accord forum I'm on is kind of just bleh).
    Decided to wait on the retrofit for a while, but still wanted to do something to them so this is what I've done.

The LEDs are completely installed in this picture, can't even see them when they're off and that was my intention.

Some trimming was required.

They are switch back LED strips that I got online and original they came in a white rubbery tube but I didn't like how you could easily see the rubber tube when the lights were off so I took them apart. I've tested the LEDs and they are really bright! The amber ones could still be a little brighter but they look like they will do the job just fine. Still waiting on the second set of LEDs to finish the passenger side, then I'll get the housings put back together and the lights installed.
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 02-12-2016 at 10:27 PM Reason: My grammar are good.

What they look like fresh out of the box.

Carefully pull of the end and then pull the LEDs out.

Heatshrunk the connectors just to be safe.

The LEDs in the chrome reflector can be easily put into the housing, not cutting or trimming required.

Had to drill some holes to get the LEDs in the much shallower area of the headlight.

Trimming about 2 inches off one of the strips so it will fit.

This is the hole that I'm going to run the wires through to exit the housing. Convenient.

Morimoto mini H1 projectors on the way.

Got the Morimoto H1 mini projectors mounted and the lenses lightly pressed back on to keep the dust out while I test them over spring break.

Those look way better than anything you could have found aftermarket on ebay or online. Not only that they are going to outperform the aftermarket sets by a long shot, just you wait and see!

Blog Entries
    nice car i had some ideas for the main light but i=I was afraid if i opened the light bulb housing it could cause water leakage in side and fog the housing. cause i have one of my fog lights currently in that condition.

Those look way better than anything you could have found aftermarket on ebay or online. Not only that they are going to outperform the aftermarket sets by a long shot, just you wait and see!
    I'm excited to see what the final product looks like fully operational!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryanjordan View Post
    nice car i had some ideas for the main light but i=I was afraid if i opened the light bulb housing it could cause water leakage in side and fog the housing. cause i have one of my fog lights currently in that condition.
    It wasn't as hard or as scary as I thought it would be, just take your time.

Blog Entries
    Going to take the risk and have some special glue for the sticking

Quote Originally Posted by bryanjordan View Post
    Going to take the risk and have some special glue for the sticking
    U need to use butyl glue. It's a special glue to seal headlights. I have done this on two sets of headlights and a set of fog lights. No leaks at all.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Looking good, except the fact that it is a Honduh! Hahaha!

Haha thanks! I miss the Galant, mostly the looks of it. The Accord has a lot of stuff my G never had tho, like climate control and a V6, and traction control, and leather, and a sunroof, and 6 speaker sound system, and a million other little things. My opinion is it was worth the upgrade.

Headlights looking awesome man!

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    Headlights looking awesome man!
    Thanks!

Just realized I never posted the finished product.. My Bad.

Video

Overall, the headlights I made are one of the few things I still like about the Accord. I have had a ton of issues with it and it's really hard putting more into a car you don't like.. I hope to be moving on from this car after this summer, but we'll see what all plays out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234