The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Techn0Nuts 2002 ES

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 79
    Kind of an idea of what car could look like lowered, ha! Yours is a lot cleaner imo just giving u some visuals. 8ga bumper swap and lip shown as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Kind of an idea of what car could look like lowered, ha! Yours is a lot cleaner imo just giving u some visuals. 8ga bumper swap and lip shown as well

Thats what I'm going for, except I want to keep the 8gb bumper, I kind of like its look with a lip and a nice drop. I thought about painting my mirrors black but I thought it would look a little tacky imo. Same with the gas cap.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    Thats what I'm going for, except I want to keep the 8gb bumper, I kind of like its look with a lip and a nice drop. I thought about painting my mirrors black but I thought it would look a little tacky imo. Same with the gas cap.
    Ya I miss my 8gb bumper at times...def looks nice with a lip, I just wanted to switch up, might make a comeback. But just showing u the pic I came across.

Ya I miss my 8gb bumper at times...def looks nice with a lip, I just wanted to switch up, might make a comeback. But just showing u the pic I came across.

Thanks for thinking of my ride! It's nice to see what it could look like towards the end of its completion.

Every time I see a white g with black accents lol

Every time I see a white g with black accents lol

The rims aren't my style but I like the film on the headlights, wouldn't do it to my own G tho. Looks so much better with a drop..

Happy New Year!! Well, update on the G, the transmission went out as well as a plethora of other things that were starting to go wrong, so I bought this.

Its not the most stylish car on the outside, but it's a 2002 Honda Accord EX with 148K on the clock. There is really only one bad scratch and its on the rear driver side door, and the only rust is on the passenger rear fender, and its not even visible from the outside yet (who knows for how much longer though, this is the midwest). The interior of the car is what really sold me on it. It is very clean, leather has no rips (yet), dual power seats, power sunroof, the nicer sound system, climate control, and a couple other things I always wish the G had. The color of the car is not my favorite, but I couldn't really afford to be picky with a week left till I go back to college. It has ABS, traction control, cruise, 3.0 VTEC V6 engine and an automatic transmission. I was trying to avoid another automatic but the car really was a good deal. I came across the car while at a used car lot looking at an Eclipse. Unfortunately, it was another dud Eclipse, multiple badly repainted body panels, 180K miles, and the engine seemed to have a couple issues so I started looking around and found the Accord. So far I'm pleased with it, although I have only put 50 miles on it so far. The ride is very smooth and the V6 engine is a lot faster than the 4cyl G. It throws you back a little when you get on it. The dealer did quite a bit of upkeep an maintenance on the car before I bought it as well. It might not be the best car ever, but I know Hondas are reliable and this one was in great shape so I couldn't pass it up.

My plans for the car are:
    Full LED replacement on the interior
    Factory rear spoiler (doesn't look right without it imho)
    New headlights
    HID
    Subs from the G
    New passenger tweeter (blown)
    Single DIN Headunit w/bluetooth
    Keyless entry
    Tint

Thats all I can think of right now.

Shoutout to RedGalant2k1 for all of your help!

Good find.

On the new headlights di a retrofit. Skip the cheesy ebay projector lights. You'll be much happier with the light output.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Good find.

On the new headlights di a retrofit. Skip the cheesy ebay projector lights. You'll be much happier with the light output.
    Once u do one retro, you will never try anything cheap again. Both my cars headlights have been retrofitted and I love it.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I'v thought about doing that actually, and you guys just backed up that thought! I'll do more research and see what I can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I'v thought about doing that actually, and you guys just backed up that thought! I'll do more research and see what I can do!
    Its really very simple especially with the mini kits from theretrofitsource website. To be honest the bodywork you did on your G a while back was much more difficult in my opinion.

Glad to help! Those V6 Accords are nice cars, and the only ones to buy imo, the 4cyl is junk.

Its really very simple especially with the mini kits from theretrofitsource website. To be honest the bodywork you did on your G a while back was much more difficult in my opinion.
    Might be a fun project I can do in my dorm, I'm definitely down to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Glad to help! Those V6 Accords are nice cars, and the only ones to buy imo, the 4cyl is junk.

I drove a 2003 4 cyl Accord at the same place and was disappointed, thats why I picked the older one with he better engine.

Blog Entries
    Nice ride bro sorry about your loss for the G

Nice pick up on the accord, that was actually the route I had plan to take before getting my galant.

Got my headunit and subs installed in the accord. still tweaking the SWI to get it to work, instructions are confusing AF. Anyways, once everything was all hooked up and functioning, I turned the subs on (had them off on the headunit) and there was very little bass.. Like very little. I went and looked at the subs and they are moving, but barely. First thing I check was the gains on the amp, they were all halfway up. I turned them all the way up and down and they made little to no difference. My next thought was the headunit, so i checked all the settings and they were the exact same as before. If I cranked up the bass boost it got noticeably louder, but crazy distorted like I was expecting. The only thing I can think of is I have the subs wired wrong in the box, and I can't figure out how (still learning car audio keep in mind in mind haha). Heres my amp, Subs (2 of them), and heres how I wired them.

Any thoughts?

Your lowpass or high pass filters.

Your lowpass or high pass filters.
    need to be turned up or down?

Adjust them properly

Sounds to me like the subs are wired wrong. Take the subs out of the box, mark which wires are positive and negative, then proceed to rewire them and retest.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast