The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eibachs and KYB GR2 struts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27
    stan6199

Eibachs and KYB GR2 struts

Is Eibachs and KYB GR2 struts good for 7G? I heard that KYB GR2 struts are not good for 7G.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Eibachs are nice, i have them installed up front w/ stock struts. Rides pretty nice. Will install the rears tomorrow.

And the KYB AGX struts are better,,,
    7g for life!

i have eibach springs and for my coilovers and also gr2 works really great for me, no complaints here....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Kain
    I just have to wonder if AGX are worth the extra money...

I mean, everyone seems to keep them around 1-3 which is about the firmness of the GR-2s. I think I'm going to go with the GR-2s when I finally get around to installing the Eibachs that have been sitting under my desk for the past year now.

That's my exact setup, and I love it. I've had a few people in my car, and have had no complaints

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

man...... im thinkin of gettin the same set up...... but other people tell me different things about the set up........ lets setting this once and for all

if u have any knowledge about this topic..... ust let it all out.....
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Well I really like the height that the Eibachs give. Theres about a 2 finger height(2 fingers stacked on top of each other ) up front. Riding on stock struts its not reall bumpy, I have a better feel for the road now

Going to install my rears today. Ill post pics by the end of the week hopefully. Maybe today if I can find someone with a digicam
    7g for life!

yo seth.... do u have aftermarket WHEELS... if so what size, and whats the tire size?

and while on the subject ...... <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>PEOPLE THERE CALLED WHEELS NOT "RIMS"!!!</span></span>
    "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

i have ground control coilovers, ummm about 1 or 2 finger spaces high, i used to hear clanging every time i hear a bump but the gr2 fixed everything, personally i wouldnt really need the agx, its not like im going to be adjusting it anyways, soo i just made it simple for me, cheaper too!!!

ohhh and i have umm 17's with 205 45 by the way

brandenblazeRR
    i have GROUND CONTROL WITH EIBACH AND KYB GR 2 and they helped sOooooo much i have my car slammed on stock wheels, and each tire is semi tucked except the front which its resting close to wheel, and i have been riding like this for at least a solid year and half so... and still the suspension is stiff and no bouncy

I have stock <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>WHEELS</span></span>. im gettin some 17s here in a few weeks though...
    7g for life!

IllestGalant
    I have 18 inch <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>RIMS</span></span> and ground control collars, eibach springs, kyb struts, ractive strut bar, custom neoprene bushings for rear spindles and it rides tight. It's no cadillac ride but can hit some crazy speeds around hooking turns of parkways

GR2's

I've have racked up about 30K miles since I installed the GR2's and no complaints here, I wouldn't utilize the AGX's features so I decided to save the $$ and go with the GR2's.. dive/squat has been significantly reduced and cornering improved without much of a trade-off in ride quality.. got then at Tire Rack, prices were more than reasonable..

Experienced TGC Member
    I have no [b]<span style='color:red'>[size=20]Wheels</span>... which makes it kinda hard to drive sometimes...

But that has got to be the best quality ride I can think of right now, I used to have that setup and kinda wish I still did. I've had about 4 different setups since and none have riden as close to stock comfort. But I guess my back is just a glutten for punishment
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

HiperSilver
    hows the ride with eibachs and gr2s..is it really close to stock...or can get bumpy at times...or barely noticable.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiperSilver
    hows the ride with eibachs and gr2s..is it really close to stock...or can get bumpy at times...or barely noticable.
    It can be bumpy at times, I bottomed out on a few pot holes here and there pretty hard. But over all I'd say the ride is pretty damn smooth, close to stock comfort, just stiffer of course.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

ive bottomed out on stock suspension once before :lauging:
    7g for life!

nme7
    Hey where'd you get those custom neoprene bushings? Curious to know if I can get some.

As for me, I've got GR2 struts all around and I do have to admit it is a bit more firmer than the stock struts. Just make sure all the other components of your suspension are in good condition. When I replaced my struts, it just exposed what crappy condition the rest of my stuff was in. Tie rod was loose, wheel bearing was shot.

HiperSilver
    so guys...to sum it up the ride is comparable to stock , except a little bit more stiff....i drove in maz's car in the passenger seat it wasnt bad at all, but i dunno. On gr2's which i have now it shouldnt be bad right.

now...where can i get them for a cheap price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast