The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The end of the road :(

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

The end of the road :(

Welp after 7 great years its come to an end, my G finally took its last breath. Was driving to work last week and i heard a weird sound coming from the front of the car, i thought it was a flat because i started seeing smoke coming from the front driver side but next thing i knew, flames started coming out from under the hood, naturally my reaction was WTF. So at this point im doing 60mph with 3ft high flames coming from under the hood. i finally pull over and hop out, grab all my stuff out the back seat and retreat. the flames retreated to just a bit coming out the hood, and i have flame retardant gloves in my bag from my second job so i dared to pop the hood. flames were centered around the front near the starter. I had 1 liter of poland spring so i poured it on, flames were down to about 30% of the size all i had left was a few snapples so i said screw it and poured it on. with the flames finally doused i took the rest of my stuff out the trunk and got it towed to my mechanic. Next day he told me it was a wrap, some how i got an oil leak which dripped on the starter which somehow came loose a bit, which in turn sparked the flames, starter was melted, the fan and belts there as well, literal chunks of the engines broke off. needless to say its over for my G, my first car, it was a great ride

daamn thats sad, sorry to ear that.
    maybe you can by another engine on the scrap yard and replace it..

Sounds like a horror story...sorry about your misfortune...but at least you came out unharmed