The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stayer.The Evolution

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Stayer.The Evolution

Hi friends!
    My car is Galant 9, the 4g69 engine. In this topic I want to talk about building a new project. You have probably read the thread about installing a turbo
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...G69&highlight=
    . However, the car is very soft and rolls in the turns. Therefore, I want to build a car that would have the capacity 330-350 HP. Will have all wheel drive (AWD). Well controlled in corners. At the moment we are gathering information and deciding what to do next? It's a long project requiring bailouts. Therefore, as updates I will talk in this thread about work. I think many will be interested to read this thread. What you can adopt for their vehicles. I am interested in your opinion on many issues.

Just to remind, I do not know English. I write through the translator. So please do not kick me feet.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

To understand in which direction to go first I weighed the car. I filled a full tank of gas to the tube. So all the liquid. In the trunk is a box of tools, a Jack and a spare. By car probably 5-10 kg (11-22 lbs) dirt.

So the weight of the car amounted to 1640 kg (3616 lbs)

Open the catalog. The weight of the Evo X is 1590 kg (3505 lb). However, EvoX has transfer, propeller shaft, rear gear. Therefore, it is advisable to lose weight 60-70 kg (132 - 154 lbs). In principle it is not so much. Why Evo X ? Answer. These cars were produced at the same time. Created by the same design school. Have a lot in common. Many electronic components of these cars match each other. Of course, I will use parts from other evo.

The first update. I bought a used turbocharger TD - 05 16G from Evo 8. This is enough to get 350 HP. I give this turbocharger to the company for repair. They will diagnose and measurements. If requested, we will be repair and replacement of components.

Will continue. I bought the front seats Evo 9 Recaro. I've been looking for such. Black Alcantara plus the skin. I wish the seats were in the same style with my interior. For example Evo 7 seats have a blue insert. And EvoX - red. But I found what I wanted.

When I got these seats, it seems to me that they weigh a lot. I again weigh it. Recaro seat 19 kg (41.9 lbs) each. Ha ha, when I removed the stock seat, it weighs 32 kg (70.5 lbs) each. Thus, by setting Recaro seats, my car lost 26 kg (57 lbs)

Then I spent two days on the installation. Mechanisms and mounting the stock seats and Recaro completely different in design. Welding is required and work with cutting. And here they are inside.

Oh, now I can steer, and not to stay behind the wheel. Very strong lateral support. I started faster cornering. Now I'm not throwing in the side. While I'm pleased with the work done.

To be continued.

I think you can continue. In this post about the exhaust muffler. There is one engineering problem. 1) Need to ensure the flow of gases without delay. 2) To keep the noise level to acceptable values (in Russia are planning the law on noise level). 3) Place the muffler closer to the rear of the subframe. The closer to the center of mass, the better the handling. 4) To make a bifurcated exhaust. 5) Stock muffler is right in the niche. It is necessary to vacate the site for pump system ACD/AYK AWD. 6) To make beautiful the rear of the car.

- - - Updated - - -

I considered different options. Loud sports mufflers disappear immediately. I don't like loud exhaust. So was bought OEM muffler Evo X.

- - - Updated - - -

However, the nozzles on the ends I really don't like. Must have been economize. Looks very creepy.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the nozzle from the car Jaguar XF.

These nozzles are installed. Stock G9 muffler weighs 17 kg (37.5 lbs). Muffler EvoX weighs 14 kg (30.8 lbs). The car even has grown thin for 3 kg (6.7 lbs)
    That is all for today. To be continued.