The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 09 Galant Ralliart new stereo install issue

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

09 Galant Ralliart new stereo install issue

Hi,

I've been searching for awhile but I can't find any info on this, would appreciate any help.

I have an 09 Ralliart with the rockford fosgate system, 6 speakers.

I installed a Pioneer 2700BS double din receiver, but am only getting sound from the two front + two back speakers, nothing from the front door speakers.

Will buying a MITO-1 kit fix the issue? Or is there a better way to fix it?

Couple of things to check. 1. Do the speakers work with the original stereo. 2. Did you take it out and make sure that the harness wiring was done correctly, or not loose or something like that? If I remember right, there's a wire for each of the speakers?

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Couple of things to check. 1. Do the speakers work with the original stereo. 2. Did you take it out and make sure that the harness wiring was done correctly, or not loose or something like that? If I remember right, there's a wire for each of the speakers?
    Hi,

Yeah, the speakers work perfectly with the original stereo. I checked the harness wiring, everything seems to be done fine, cables have been twisted together + soldered + taped, all colors seem to match.

And there's no setting in the stereo itself to control the different speakers? Could it be just detecting that the system is a 4 speaker system instead of a 6 speaker system?

^ Agreed, I would check the settings. Thats what my cousins problem was on his BMW. Maybe check the headunit manual for more info.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Naw settings were all fine. I ended up buying that MITO-01 kit, and after installing it everything is working perfectly. For anyone wondering, while it says the MITO-01 is only compatible with Mitsubishi Eclipse/Endeavor 2007+ online, in the manual I got with it it also mentioned being compatible with the Galant 2006+ with Rockford Fosgate stereo.

Thanks for the replies anyway!