The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17x9 +35 wrapped in 225/45/17

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

17x9 +35 wrapped in 225/45/17

Just picked up a 00 ES and was wondering who is running something comparable and what fender mods have you done?

I have the same sizing on the wheels but Im on a 255/40/17 Hankook RS3. Rear quarters are buckled and the front rub on hard corners but the front fenders are virgins. Also, with the 255 I had to run an 8mm spacer in the rear to keep the tires from hitting the coilovers. Im also on maxxed out Tein SS-P.

My old set-up were 17x9 +25 with a 225/45/17 Continental Contipro Contact and I had to run -3 degrees of camber up front. Which is actually what my current daily is running. Rolled rear fenders with a slight pull and the front was finger pulled slightly.

This is the blue car before. Rolled rear fenders. Untouched fronts. maxxed out Tein SS-P on the 225/45/17 Continentals.

Same car with the 17x9 +25 on Bridgestone Potenze RE070 in 225/45/17 but it fit more like a 235/45

And now my daily with the same wheels but its on ISC coilovers with two collars removed up front, and low enough to tuck the tire in the rear. 225/45/17 Ironman iMove up front and some takeoff Bridgestone RE90 in the rear. Waiting on a few more front end parts to get the alignment dialed in but -3 degrees up front and a little over -3 degrees in the rear. Eyeball alignment after replacing the rear toe arms but tires dont seem to be getting choppy.

Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Better question would be...
    Rota Grid 17x9 +25

Enkei T6S 17x9 +35
    Last edited by tneil17; 05-28-2015 at 10:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by tneil17 View Post
    please delete this post
    is this like saying thank you for providing you with information ? lol
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

i was trying to post about which set would be better but it didn't come out right. Both sets are 17x9. Was wondering if Rota Grid @ +25mm or Enkei T6S @ +35mm.
    Last edited by tneil17; 05-28-2015 at 02:47 PM

17x9 Rota Grid +25. -3 degrees of camber front to back

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

THAT IS SEXY! what size tire in that setup? How well did it hold under boost?
    Last edited by tneil17; 05-29-2015 at 06:03 PM

225/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE070. Well, I had these tires at around 26psi so IDK if I can say it "holds boost" because obviously different boost levels will have you at a different torque/power level. But I spun them at 55mph in 3rd gear. Which is why I made the decision to go with the 255's. Even then, at low boost 18/19 psi I spin through second and it wants to break loose in third once it hits full boost.

Pulled the trigger on the Grids and some Hankook RS-3 version 2 tires. Thanks for all the help and information!

What color blue is that it is fantastic wow just wow !

The blue is Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution "Octane Blue" if I am not mistaken.

Octane blue is from the 2008 and up lancers and Evo. My blue is Electric blue pearl evo8/9 color

Love your Evo!

Thanks man

4g63, im planning on running 17x9 +22 on 255/40 17s

are your fenders rolled??? I plan on rolling and probably pulling my fenders do you think I'll end up rubbing in the rear ?

also you said your rear fenders are buckled what do ya mean?

Bringing this back from the dead. But I'm looking at getting 17x9 +35 wrapped in 225/45 tires.
    I'll be running coilovers and rolled fender. Is this set up "track friendly" I would like to go throw the car around just to get an idea of what it can do. Unfortunately a lot of the pics are dead, so I can't tell if the person was running flares or pulled fenders. Ideally I'd like a set up where I don't have to worry about rubbing, and if possible I'd rather run a 235

You would want to roll the fenders with that setup for sure.