The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    cdaw2001ES

New Header replace the gaskets or not?

Ok so I'm ready to install my Kami's but I have a couple of questions.
    Should I replace the manifold and downpipe gaskets? and do I need to replace - or obtain bolts to hold the new header to the downpipe. -- I'm not far enough along to tell if those bolts are part of the pre cat, I know the nuts come off.....

Senior TGC Member
    Personally I'd say yes, take this opportunity to change your gaskets. That is unless of course you have a new car...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

i'd change it you migth damage it when taking everything apart. just a thought. not that expensive

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Hell Yes!!!! Absolutely replace the gaskets. If the new headers didn't come with gaskets, go buy some. You'll reduce your chance of leaks.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

cdaw2001ES
    $27.00 for the set, had to order them, no headers till next thursday :twisted:

What headers did you buy?? I thought the RPW headers came with the gaskets and mounting bolts included.
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    What headers did you buy?? I thought the RPW headers came with the gaskets and mounting bolts included.
    he ordered the kamikazze headers...

Senior TGC Member
    Ah so I don't have to buy anything extra once my RPWs hit my door (hopefully not literally)?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Nope Rallifan. They should come complete with everything you need. If they dont have pictures, like my prototype did, the metal gasket goes between the header and the flex pipe. I bet you're looking down the street for the Sugarland UPS truck like a kid waitin for the Good Humor man aren't you??

Chip
    Chip

cdaw2001ES
    If you get the Kamis's make sure you get a set of gaskets, AND a 2 botls to connect to header to the downpipe. The OEM bolts are part of the pre cat

I'm surprised you don't get bolts with your header. What's that all about, hahaha.

As for the gaskets, they are pretty durable so if you are careful, you shouldn't need new ones. I didn't get new gaskets for my DP. But that's me.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Senior TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    I bet you're looking down the street for the Sugarland UPS truck like a kid waitin for the Good Humor man aren't you??

Chip
    I'm not doing that yet...I don't think RPW has shipped the latest inventory to the states yet. Though I did wait outside everyday in 90 degree weather from 3 to 7 p.m. for my AMSS downpipe when it came out Dang package reduced me to a giddy mumbling mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TJC
    I'm surprised you don't get bolts with your header. What's that all about, hahaha.

As for the gaskets, they are pretty durable so if you are careful, you shouldn't need new ones. I didn't get new gaskets for my DP. But that's me.
    Apparently it's about supplying a true bolt up header and customer service. How much would it have cost to include the bolts? Maybe a nickel? Sheesh!

Chip
    Chip

cdaw2001ES
    I bought Satinless bolts from Lowes, a pack of 5 cost me $17.00.
    If I wasn't going to go Turbo within 24Months, I'd of considered RPW's,

Anyway - My Service Engine Soon light came on today, to prevent this what size resistor do I need, and Do I need to install it in line, (to increase resistance) or across (to reduce resistance); also - how do you reset the SES light once I complete the mod. w/o the MUT-II

Thanks,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cdaw2001ES)</div><div class='quotemain'>I bought Satinless bolts from Lowes, a pack of 5 cost me $17.00.
    If I wasn't going to go Turbo within 24Months, I'd of considered RPW's, Â*

Anyway - My Service Engine Soon light came on today, to prevent this what size resistor do I need, and Do I need to install it in line, (to increase resistance) or across (to reduce resistance); also - how do you reset the SES light once I complete the mod. w/o the MUT-II

Thanks,</div>

im suprised that u found the right sized bolts at Lowes, with the same threads and everything. anyways to resest the SES light jsut disconnect the battery for like 15 mins and plug it back on. it should go out...unless u did something wrong

cdaw2001ES
    i got new washers, bolts, and Nuts. But used the old nuts as a guide for what to get. 2"L "1.5" 19MM head/ coarse thread

I so confused why the SES comes on , The old location was before the pre cat, the location on the new headers is before the main cat, so either way the 1st o2 should be reading hotter than the second.
    I thought that was all ODBII wanted to see
    If I don't do a MIL Eliminator mod, will the car go into "Limp Home Mode" as perscribed by ODBII standards?

Turboutlaw
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I bet you're looking down the street for the Sugarland UPS truck like a kid waitin for the Good Humor man aren't you?? Â*

Chip</div>

we like to call him the Brown Santa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Turboutlaw)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I bet you're looking down the street for the Sugarland UPS truck like a kid waitin for the Good Humor man aren't you?? Â*

Chip</div>

we like to call him the Brown Santa</div>
    Chip

cdaw2001ES
    Well I discover to day , after tearing apart the box, that he kami headers did come with bolts, and one gasket - for the downpipe connection