The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what to do next

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Import_Beast

what to do next

i got the whole air intake thing down thanxs for all the tips, the intake is bad ass. Any opinions on wat i should do next im thinking of putting an exhuast. wat do u guys think

Experienced TGC Member
    If the intake is done... exhaust would be the next step indeed.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Import_Beast
    any tips on which exhuast and how big

Experienced TGC Member
    Get a decent muffler for around $100. Then take it to a REAL muffler shop (no MIDAS crap) and have them weld that muffler to some 2 1/2" piping and have them run from you cat all the way back.

Estimated cost: $250 max.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

brandon
    Go turbo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Go turbo.

</div>
    go turbo. Ditch the intake, get 3" exhaust, and go turbo. You'll regret wasting money on all these parts (intake, exaust) if you decide to go turbo later down the road. You won't be able to get what you paid for if you sell the pieces. And trust me, you will decide to go turbo once you figure out that an N/A galant won't hit 14's without quite some work.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Go turbo.

</div>
    go turbo. Ditch the intake, get 3" exhaust, and go turbo. You'll regret wasting money on all these parts (intake, exaust) if you decide to go turbo later down the road. You won't be able to get what you paid for if you sell the pieces. And trust me, you will decide to go turbo once you figure out that an N/A galant won't hit 14's without quite some work.</div>

Dukeplaya was running high 14's in a 7g (auto) before he wrecked his car. Now he's getting even more engine work done on his new 7g than his last one, so there is no telling what he'll run. Plus his new g is a 5 speed.

Import_Beast
    i asked one of my boys and he said he can turbo my galant for a 1000 and with intercooler is gonna come out to about 1300 is it worth it or can i get a better deal some were else

Experienced TGC Member
    $1300 is pretty good, as long as feel comfortable trusting him with the livelyhood of your car. :? It will end up costing more, trust me.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

brandon
    $1300 w/install? That's definitely a sweet deal.

Underestimating money on my parts list, I still come up with around $1400 alone. haha

Import_Beast
    ima get the turbo and he's gonna install it for me before christmas..cant wait to get it on :twisted:

Import_Beast
    im haveing second thoughts about this, theres people telling me that turbo can really mess with my car and i should go super charger instead, but i want more power with out hurting my car, what should i do?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    turbo setup will be cheaper in the long run, nobody makes a supercharger setup for our 7gs. if you dont know what your doing, both super and turbocharger setup could hurt your engine. As long as you take the proper precautions(correct fuel supply, not overboosting) then your car will be fine.
    7g for life!