The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 65
    GalantSpeed
    i came close to maxing out my my car, i was racing an rx-7 TT and i smoked his ass, although i had mad mods on my galant and he was stock. i smoked the shit out of him. i got a lot of gearing work done and stuff like that and i reached around 197 mph.....oh wait as minute that was on gran turismo 2.....my bad.......lol...i think the max i reached was around 135-140 mph....i was in atlanta and had to sweep across the highway cuz i almost missed my exit........not sure if i could have gotten any more speed out of her i think if i did try i would have hit the concrete median.....

Downhill, only me in the drivers seat, my friends 95 tsi awd riding my ass. My gauge said 137, keep in mind I'm riding on 18"s, so that means I was going way faster. Using this site http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html it says that I go about 5-7 mph faster when my speedometer reads 60.

If it's directly proportional like it should be since it's a ratio, then at 120 I should be going 130-134. Well, since my speedometer was reading 137, I'm concluding that I was going about 150. I was almost at redline and I'm sure my car was pissed off at me, but I was 19 and stupid and had to test it.

My friend got next to me and waved good bye, he mashed the throttle and he probably got up to 160.

Never again will I do that, if I blew a tire or an animal jumped out, the last thing going through our minds would be our ass cuz we'd be dead.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    kinda like when we were comin back from cedar falls raceway :lauging: stupid deer, i hate em!
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth
    kinda like when we were comin back from cedar falls raceway :lauging: stupid deer, i hate em!
    Ya, stupid Moose!! oh, wait.. wrong state Seth, sorry.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Experienced TGC Member
    And now lets talk about complete lack of saftey...

My usual ride consits of around 50 on streets and 90 on highway, I cant help it, just dont step out in frnt of me.

Goin out to long island the other day doin about 80 and I start to hear this like deep tapping sorta noise, and feel a small vibration in the steering wheel. Im like hmm, hit he gas tap stops release gas tap starts, hit brakes tap stops, im thinking maybe a warped rotor? Now im thinkin hmm should i get off n check this out or should I continue...ahh lets see what happens, hit the gas still doin about 80...sound still continuing, ok fine im near my friends house might as well chill for a lil n see whats up.

Get there he comes out i look around everything looks good, hmm could it be??? Pop off the bolt covers on the tire, and hehehe 2 of 4 nuts where mad loose, I could actualy turn them by hand. lol

if anyone is gona die in a massive car accident and take out 4 or 5 other cars its gonna be me I can almost guarantee it.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

sounds like you need to tighten some of ur lugnuts, go check em

[Edit]
    Read the rest of ur post. same crap happened to me once hehe
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth

Yea, when Seth said before he had a top speed of 120 or 125 or something. That's when me, him, and a friend in a 2g tsi awd came back from the Cedar Falls Raceway and Seth was about 2 car lengths behind me and we're cruising at 120. My friend Russ in the awd is next to us and all of a sudden a huge dear stands up on his rear legs in Russ' lane about where his passenger was sitting. He swerves his front bumper between me and Seth, the dear is just about to smack the rear passengers of Russ' car when he swerves back and now the tail of his car is between me and Seth, then he swerves straight. So basically he dipped around the dear while staying around 120 mph and this all happened in about 2 seconds. Thank God for all wheel drive.

After that, we slowed to 60 and exchanged some looks of disbelief that nothing bad happened, then it was back up to 120mph cuz Perkins was calling our name. When we got out, Russ' little T25 was glowing orange.

redboy
    140, thats right at redline in fifth......yeha i got the shogun kit and the whole front end takes a big squat when goin that fast......i could definetly go in to red to see my true max but i dont want to risk it, ide say about 155 before fuel cut-off.... :twisted:

Experienced TGC Member
    Why does the 7g not have a speed limiter? Or if it does why is it set so high when the 8gs top out at like 128mph?
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

pretty sure there isnt a speed limiter on the 7gs, the guy at the mitsu factory told us there wasnt
    7g for life!

Dark Anghell
    Well my galant was f**ked up then, because it could only go 115...oh well

i guess mitsu didnt think well really be going faster then 120.... :evil: hehehe
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

TurboGalant
    110 right after the turbo was put on. Did not mean to get that fast in that area, so I hit the breaks as soon as i saw how fast I was going.

Have not been able to test it since then since my ETG reads 1500 at 95mph now.

After rebuilding the engine, I'll try again.

showtyme

re:speed

i maxed out at about 138 racing a volvo s40t for 33 miles on rt 493 to new hampshire. i had to race a civic vtec which i ate up for breakfast, then i had to race a ford sho smoked the W off of show, then an acura integra ls which i burnt buy a school but with the speed of 125 each. last car was tough but i never passed i lost by a a car length, so these car we have fly, and all thats b4 doing the work i have now.

haha do you have a manual? our autos are slow
    7g for life!

jb_vr4
    All this shots about speed I don't believe half of you guys done then kinds speeds, I'm sure your speed-o-meter is in kilo per hour. I got a 6A12TT AWD that smoked an evo 6 like a rastaman :evil: when it was automatic now I converted to manual I'm smoking them like sausage on a forgotten bbq grille. Anyways My Top Speed was 155 MPH with chrome wheels and believe it or not the automatic transmission cause in my country roads are short and the long ones have some nasty curves. I've seen some nasty flips already. Since I converted to Manual I keep breaking my drive axle (broke 3 of them in the last 4 months Power Shifting). well my engine is 365HP :twisted: so I guess that's why. but I'm planing to goto about 420HP :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Livn2sk8
    Haven't tried topping her out yet....need some new wheels and tires first....i'm riding on some steely's with worn out tread....anyways...about two weeks ago I was in 4th going about 110mph....believe or not, I was at about 5200rpm.....still had 1000rpm before redline and a whole other gear....my car started shaking, so I had to throw it into 5th....felt almost like a downshift too.....Can't wait to get new wheels and a new suspension and redline 5th... :twisted:

ive been @ about 130 no doubt about it... just how long it took me thats another question....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

SkunK
    This has nothing to do with the topic, but damn Krazie, that chick in your avatar is incredibly gorgeous :oops: !! I always look forward to seeing your posts .

Oh, since we're talking about top speed. I'll have to say I've got you all beat with 90 mph . I'm just too paranoid about getting up to really high speeds.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I top out exactly at 140 no less.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast