The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Top Speed?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 65
    had my g up to 143 stock at redline racing a 2001 z24 and a 2001 chevy camaro v6 stock it was the shit. prolly the coolest fucking thing i have done in my car.

xpldy
    122 goin down summerlin parkway.....then broke so i wouldnt smash into the uhaul in front of me. Totally stock though of course.

Experienced TGC Member
    Damn this topic is old...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

meowhead

Re

Ya'll are &$%! crazy! There's no way I'm going to venture into the triple digits in my galant, honestly I don't see how they don't fall apart going that fast! But now I know there's no speed governor, thats good to know

Livn2sk8
    Can't believe they don't fall apart going that fast?

Personally, and I know my opinion might seem biased, seeing as how I am a Mitsubishi owner...but...I think Mitsubishi makes one of the most solid feeling cars around....I would feel much safer driving in the triple digits in a Mitsubishi, than any domestic car...or any Honda....

Sorry...but just my opinion!

Experienced TGC Member

Re: Re

Quote Originally Posted by meowhead
    Ya'll are &$%! crazy! There's no way I'm going to venture into the triple digits in my galant, honestly I don't see how they don't fall apart going that fast! But now I know there's no speed governor, thats good to know
    Panzy!! since my wheel alignment is way off my car pulls to the right, not a big deal at normal speeds but when I start to aproach 110 the car sways back and forth, and if you were to turn the wheel a hair to much she will spin out. I found that opening the rear windows helps it =D

and seriously this post has been goin for a long ass time
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

145miles/hour or a bit over 230 km/hour.
    That was in the middle of a cold night not on gazoline but on LPG
    (Liquit petrol gas).
    My engine runs on two types of fuel,and it runs on its best on LPG on a cold day with fog in the air and the tank almost empty.
    That night i had it all, and got over the 230km/hour.
    Then i had to brake for a corner in the road,so i have to try another time if i can go faster than that.
    Mitsupiet
    Last edited by mitsupiet; 02-24-2012 at 04:06 PM

teetaw1213

speed

around 130 in about 30 secounds my car wasent even shaking the galants have the best rides out of any import i find

VypA
    actually id have to agree... mitsus are pretty fuckin solid at high speeds... ive had mine to about 115 so far and it shakes just a bit cuz of my alignment but even still it feels more solid then my subaru did at the same speed and i still was able to get the subie up to 135 after about a minute lol

Experienced TGC Member

Re: speed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(teetaw1213)</div><div class='quotemain'>around 130 in about 30 secounds my car wasent even shaking the galants have the best rides out of any import i find</div>

Agreed. My old chevy berretta (RIP) used to feel like it was gona vibrate itself apart at a mere 90
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

redboy
    ya tru that out of all of my freinds cars, i was the only one that didnt complain tht it was shakin too bad, it was pretty smooth allthe way to 140, well besides the road.............question, i remember someone tellin me that when u have rims on your car then your top speed isnt what its supposed to be, can anyone explain that??????

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    depends on the size of the wheels and tires
    7g for life!

unless your car has a modified ECU, or a car built in japan...
    your top-speed is 130MPH per speed-in-gear Calculations.

your tach's Are HORRIBLY wrong @ Any speed over 95MPH, and This is why you "See" 140 but you are, in fact, Still in the 120-130 range...

and.. unless you guys have new suspension, and z-rated tires... you shouldn't be Trying this...
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Livn2sk8
    Funny cuz me and my friend drove side by side yesterday at 115 EXACtLY, so I know that my stock tachometer is perfect...anyways....I got her up to 125 last night....so it's all good....

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    well the faster u go the more inacurate both ur tachs will be, theres no getting around it
    7g for life!

uhh, sorry to correct, but i think we're talking about the inaccuracy of the speedometer, not the tachometers here... unless you all calculate speed from rpm like me? lol

Livn2sk8
    DAMNit....yeah haha, :x speedometer.....how about that? sorry, one of those times where i'm really tired, and my fingers are moving, and I don't really know what the hell i'm talking about......just keep typing, and typing......

how off is my speedometer now that i'm on 15's and not on my 14's? just curious how big of a difference that ONE inch will make...

Utah GBlue

how fast i have gone

well with everything stock i got up to 115 mph and it was a nice ride didnt feel a bump i loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

sorry.. yes
    speedo.. not Tach.
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html that might help show you how far off your speedo is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast