The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Changing Interior Light (Dome + Map Light) on Galant 06 ?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Changing Interior Light (Dome + Map Light) on Galant 06 ?

Hi guys,
    I'm new to the forum because I just bought my Galant 2006 few weeks ago after ignoring what people say "why not a Toyota or Honda blablabla," and I'm loving it and have no regret so far.
    My question is, how can I pop up the interior light cover to change the bulb ?
    The dome light, I can pop up the whole part out, but not the plastic pad to reach for the bulb.
    The map light, I cant even find a phillip hole (to stick in the flat screwdriver), so I just stick the screwdriver and try to open the maplight cover like the dome light, but it won't work :(
    Can anyone show me how can I pop it out so I can change my bulbs to blue LED? :D

and Btw, my car has a "Engine Service Soon" light for about 2 days, but I feel nothing wrong with the car. Is it just a maintenance reminder, or .. should I take it to a mechanic ?
    Thanks for reading :D

i replaced my map light with LED. you have to release the clips from the sides i had a diagram to follow but I wasnt able to completely remove it. i had just enough opening to get my fingers in there . be careful coz you might break the housing. as for the check engine light, have it checked. mY 06 GTS had a P0420 and it kept coming back. dealer said it was the cat converter. since Mitsu has a 10 year warranty, they replaced it for free.