The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yay I did it! or almost?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Yay I did it! or almost?

Hello everyone,

as I have mentioned before, I was pursuing on the KYB + Tein suspension plan, which turns out really good,
    ride heights are perfect, and the stiffness is just what I'm looking for.

But still, it is making some noise when I'm making turns, and especially when I pull straight after corners, there is just something holding the car from making the full power,
    so, I took it back to my mechanic, and get some check.

There is 2 things he advised me to replace:

1) the sway bar link (or I guess it also called the stabilizer bar link), after I put the Tein springs on, the sway bar seems to be much closer to
    some other parts, so we wonder if there is any where we can find a pair of shortened sway bar links. Or does it exist?

2) the Rack and Pinion Bellow, from what he showed me, it seems to be worn out,
    so just wondering if this (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER) would work

I believe there is many of us here have faced similar situations before, please help~

P.S. Chatting with my mechanic, he told me that there is a set of used ENKEI wheels that he can make me a really good deal, it's a set of 17 inch J10, too bad the tire comes with it
    is a 225/55 r17 Yokohama, looks really nice, but as we all know it's too big for me. So I may go on some tire hunt soon!
    Just double check, 225/45 r17 would be the best for my 2000 8G ES right?

I'll eventually put some pictures on, where do you guys upload your pictures nowadays?

Experienced TGC Member
    You have to down load a photo bucket and then you can post picrures in the URL.