The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Galant owner from NY(queens)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

New Galant owner from NY(queens)

Hey what's up everybody just introducing myself. I have an 01 ES V6 with 98k miles. My major issue with the car is rust in both rear wheel wells , holes through metal and all. Just wanted to get some advice on how to proceed. I'd like to keep the car and have it looking clean. Im probably not going to be doing any of the work myself as I have zero experience in body repairs.
    But I do work at pep boys (Service advisor) so mechanically I can keep this car in tip top shape. My mechanics said that there is no structural damage yet that would cause me to fail inspection, so that is a plus. I'm not sure of I should do a Bondo quick fix just to make it look less ugly or wait to have all the metal cut out and wheel arches welded on when I have more money.. here is a pic
    Only have the worst side picture the other side is slightly less rusted but similiar.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Whats up Jamaica queens here

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome..
    I would (but it's just me) have some new pieces grafted in. Im sure you can find some new quarter sections and find a good body man to do his magic and she will look like new. Also depending on how the rest of the body is it might not be worth it. You could probably find another one in better shape and not have to put to much money into and spend it on mods instead. Just my two pennies worth.

Yea I'm probably going to fix this one don't really have money to buy another car. How much do you think it would cost to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bishi View Post
    Whats up Jamaica queens here
    Wassup man Im in Ozone Park

My grandmas house is in south ozone off 144 and rockaway. Since your in Ozone Park there are hundreds of guyanese and caribbeans who know a body man who either works out of their back yard or works in a body shop lol.

Could u reccomend anybody?