The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarket Stereo Wiring Help

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Aftermarket Stereo Wiring Help

Trying to install aftermarket radio on a Galant 2003. Before realizing I needed a wiring harness adapter I cut the the original harness off. Ordered the reverse wiring harness but don't know what the wires represent that are attached to the car to connect the reverse wiring harness. Please take a look at the pictures and help me figure out the wiring connections.

Wires connected to Galant:

Reverse Wiring Harness:

Reverse Wiring Harness Connections: Yellow - 12V Constant; Red - 12V Accessory; Black - Ground; Orange - Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination; Green - Left Rear Speaker (+); Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-); White - Left Front Speaker (+); White with Black Stripe - Left Front Speaker (-); Purple - Right Rear Speaker (+); Purple with Black Stripe - Right Rear Speaker (-); Gray - Right Front Speaker (+); Gray with Black Stripe - Right Front Speaker (-)

Firstly, connect back your socket that you cut off from your car.

Then, buy this wiring harness if you do not have a stock infinity setup (4 speakers - no amp) -

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-7001-...ype=automotive

You would connect that harness to your wiring harness that you received with your new car stereo. Each of the wires would correspond to the colors on your new harness. Plug the metra into your "fixed" car harness and the new car stereo harness into your car stereo, and that's that.