The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Swap to 6A13TT

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Swap to 6A13TT

Hello!

I got two questions.

Now i got a EU spec Galant, with the 4G63 engine, 1999 MY,

How much work is it to swap to a normal 6A13? Engine mounts etc?

And how much work is it to fit the 6A13TT engine in the bay?
    Is it much modifikations or is it almost bolt on?

Sorry for my "swedish english" haha!

Awesome man!
    Thanks, so with that said, it's possible to mount an 6a13TT instead of my 4g63 ?

I dont understand the thred 100% but the engine mounts is almost the same then?

Greetings Robin.

the engine will bolt in with little modification but the work is with all the other stuff like AWD and like now im having the most issues with my steering rack.

Skills needed: Welding, Fabrication, Electrical, 500+ curse words and of course mechanical. if youre going to go trough with this you can pm me if you need some help
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Great, ofc it has to be some work, I was prepered for that,

I will try buy a crashed legnum, that work 100%, what's different between different steering racks?

But..
    Now i got the 4g63 engine, how is the Engine mounts againts the V6 mounts?
    Is it better to buy a car with v6 engine från factory or the mounts is the same?
    So i can take a v6 and put in my car that got the 4g63?

Greetings Robin.

-Steering racks: becouse of the twin turbo thing the engine bay is prity frkn tight and youre old K member and steering rack need to be replaced i was told to find a steering rack from a 2001 or newer V6 and i did find a few of those cars for scrap but the k member was the same. i needed a new steering rack becouse i bought a front clip that had the steering wheel on the wrong side
    - Engine mounts are no problme they are the same
    - Yes if you can get a V6 chassis for cheap get it its probly going to make youre life a whole lot easer + you might get to skip out on some wiring shit

BTW this is what you have to think about alot when you are doing this " if someone can LS swap a gocart It shoulnt be problem to put a MMC engine into a MMC chassis :)

Regard Palmi

P.S. I will be passing trough Sweden on the 4th or the 5th of Juli :D
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Oh ok I think i understand! Haha!

But a friend of mine told me that for doin the swap i have to move the firewall..

But then I can easy take a v6 normal engine and put in my car that got the 4g63?

Becouse i got a spare car that got alot of rust, got sunroof and v6, problem is that the gearbox is automatic, but that will i change.

Do you know if it's much work to mount a sunroof on a non sunroof car? :D

Oh! Where in sweden? :) South or north? :)

umm you'r friend is wrong look trough my thread i think it will answer alot of your questions https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...lant-Pic-heavy

BUT im not sure i understand, are you going to buy a 6a13tt engine or a galant/legunum vr4 that you can use for parts .. are you going to make your car AWD?

I would NEVER fk with the roof of a car. If you fk it up and you get in a accident then the whole thing might cave in.

Yes it should be no problem putting a V6 non turbo engine with gearbox into your 4g63 car just make sure to transfer the wiring loom

but honestly what i regret most about my build (and i think many ppl here have the same regrets ) is that i started with a crappy body. if i ware you i would find a Good body and if sunroof is important then find one with that.

and ill be passing trough south of Sweden just by the coast. Going from Denmark to Norway (going to look see some sights n shit :)
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

I have had a quick look in your thread, will read more when I have the time for it!

will try get a spare Legnum, so I can get the AWD Too, becouse 280hp and FWD = Wheelspinn? ;D

Just talked with a guy that use to work on Mitsubishi, and he said that the Roof is the same just have to cut up a whole, so I will look closer to that later on.

I got a spare car, v6 and Automatic, that is just rust..
    Will my manuall 4g63 gearbox fit on the v6 engine? if I get the clutch etc for a v6 manuall?

That's what I like my body is in pretty good shape for sweden.. road-salt..

Problem about sunroof and sweden.. they was not sold here with it, has to be imported from like germany.. i have seen 3 cars with sunroof :/

Oh I live it South..

You will passing by "Skåne, Halland" on you'r way to Norway,

I live it Blekinge, just next to "Skåne" :p haha,

Ait. but no nothing from ure 4g63 will fit the v6 ive heard that maybe some internals of the gearbox fit othere gearboxes but i havent looked into it so i cant conform it
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Hmm, was just thinking becouse a guy on the Swedish Mitsubishi Club Sweden, wrote that he Know that the gearbox fits from the v6, to the 4g63.. he did that to his own car a couple of years ago, but the driveshaft is bigger to the v6 engine than the R4 Engine..

Im not a pro in mechanical but im creative and willing to try ;)

Post a pic of your ride.
    I'm pritty sure the v6 and i4 bellhousing is diffrent but if one crazy swedish guy can do than you should too
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Alright, here is a pretty new pic, waiting for some spare-parts to mount lowering springs,
    And yes it's also my Saab in the background ;)

Or what type of pic did you want?

I Quote him "
    Do not know how it is with GDI engine , but I know that the gearbox from the V6 2.5 fit on 2.0 fourth grade in the Galant G8.
    Switched on my car a few years ago .
    Just remember that inner drive knots are rougher on the V6 ans gearbox than the 4th gear . Otherwise it is the same drive shaft and outer CV joints ... Just take the drive knots from the box.

Have no idea if there is a difference in gear , drove a few hundred mil with the car after the change , then took the toaster over and I trashed it ."

Translated with Google so not the best one :p