The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99 Galant won't start need help

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

99 Galant won't start need help

I have a 99 Galant with 189K. Recently I have replaced the cylinder head and changed the head gasket new radiator and full flush of cooling system. Car worked great for about 5 days. While my daughter was driving it she said it became hard to steer. She stopped at sonic to get a drink and turned the car off. When she attempted to start the vehicle it would not start. The power steering belt had come off. Also the lower timing belt cover was damaged and small pieces of it were inside the timing belt area. I took the top timing belt cover off and saw the belt was still on but frayed some on the sides. I did some research and found that the ECT sensor and crankshaft sensor could also be the problem. I replaced the timing belt ECT and crankshaft sensor. I tried to start the car but with no luck. I then read it could be the fuel pump and after pulling the back seat I noticed that the fuel pump had never been changed. I changed it last night and again no start. I am getting a small amount of spark from the passenger side coil pack. I have even checked the fuel pump relay in the engine fuse box. I have read threads and done all the research I possibly can think of google, forums, bother in law (mechanic). Is there a fuel cut off switch that needs needs to be reset or something that I have overlooked?

Have you checked the starter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Experienced TGC Member
    So it cranks but doesn't start?