The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GT Rims vs Galant Ralliart Rims

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

GT Rims vs Galant Ralliart Rims

Hi i have a galant GTZ 2002 and i was was wondering if this rims are any different to each other ive seen a lot of G8 Galants with them but when my mechanic put the Rally Art one on my car from a galant 2007 they would bee too wide and it would rub against the Control arms (hope this is the correct name) even with spacers and the tires weren't new so after adjustments they fit but tires are so washed off i was worried that after getting new tires they were going to rub again since there was less than a quarter inch between the tire and the arm.

I have not tried the ones that come in the Eclipse Galant GT and i was told they where less deep than the rally art ones because the car it build similar to my galant not like the 9G galant which have wider wheels/rims. Although i dont know if this is true and i would like to know if thats the case so i can try the GT ones before giving up.

I can't say for the Galant rims, but I have the rims from a 2007 Eclipse GT and I had to get smaller tires to fit (225/40/18) my 8G. Other than that no issues at all. I'm not sure if that was your question or not?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Yes sir indeed thanks for the answer i will try to be more clear next time. Did you have to use spacers with that rim and tire size or you only used a smaller tire?

Both wheels are exactly the same...just get proper tire size which is 225/40/18...it has nothing to do with the wheels ... your tires are too big

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rosadolynn View Post
    Yes sir indeed thanks for the answer i will try to be more clear next time. Did you have to use spacers with that rim and tire size or you only used a smaller tire?
    Nope, spacers were actually my original plan to get the tires to fit but after asking around on here I ended up just getting the smaller tire and it works perfect. No rubbing and I have plenty of room for when I lower my G
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Gents, is it true that GT wheel is 26LB!! + tire? If that is true, how do you feel your acceleration, braking, consumption changed?

Thanks in advance.