The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Po401

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Po401

Hey guys I had code po401 pop up so I disconnected the vacuum line to top of egr and car did not stall it sounded the same, so I don't have any vacuum pressure to it would that be my vacuum solinoid? Thanks for any help

the code is an insufficient flow code. pull the egr valve and make sure there is no blockage in either pipes. run a coat hanger and spray carb clean with a straw up the pipes. then check operation of the egr valve itself.

I haven't corrected my last post, but I've been dealing with this code for awhile now but I have replaced the egr valve, Egr solinoid,vac modulator valve replaced all vac lines, removed intake manifold cleaned it along with throttlebody. Reset my battery and my light has been off so far but we shall see. I'm sick of dealing with this code.

if you pulled the intake manifold and cleaned out the egr pipe, then you should be good, it gets blocked there and sometimes you have to use a drill and some hard wire to clean it out.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

So this po401 is still comming up, aside from the tubes on the intake manifold is there a chamber/ tube that runs through the head to the cylinders for the gases to travel to the manifold that may be clogged I have replaced everything related to the egr system any help is great it's holding me up on inspection thanks again