The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help? Can't get fuse out of 2000 galant

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    nathan1995

Help? Can't get fuse out of 2000 galant

My radio wont power up, my interior lights won't come on, and my ignition chime won't work. I checked the fuse box and found a blown fuse but the problem is I can't get it out. It's locked into place . It has oa2 written on it. How do I get it out

nathan1995
    I looks like some kind of locking device. I just can't figure how to get it off

Pictures would help. Is it yellow?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Hey I have a 06 gallant gfs with the same issue when I was installing aftermarket deck. What u have to do is pull the yellow box up as much as you can and while holding it up you have to wiggle fuse out with needle nosed pliers

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I realize this to be an older post however, ran into the same issue regarding removal of fuse. Was the fuse you had inquired about located in engine compartment / drivers side? Are the fuses (Fuse # 23 - Audio 10A and Fuse # 24 - Fuel pump 15A) the fuses you were trying to remove (enclosed in yellow plastic by themselves), that pulls upward as montegutp suggested?
    There is also a fuse compartment located in interior, on drivers side dash. Perhaps Fuse # 22 - Audio 20A. This information is based on 2002 Galant.
    I was interested in knowing what the 20A fuse shown in photo is for. It too is located in interior driver side dash fuse compartment, and is located bottom right side. It is the very last one located in that compartment. Thanks in advance for any information.
    Last edited by GSpeed; 02-12-2017 at 03:43 PM