The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: extended wheel studs

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

extended wheel studs

So im trying to put extended wheel studs to clear brembos, I checked on arp's site and nothing for the galant. They have them for the evo. Im assuming they are the same and that's what everyone uses. just need a confirmation before I overnight these.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

you ever get an answer drones im in the same boat as you needing the extended studs

They are all "press-in" studs. As long as the splines themselves meet your hub, you are good to go. I've never used ARP, but based on the pictures, they appear to be similar where it would meet the hub.

ok heres thskinny
    standard stud is 1.77"=46.2mm
    arp Extended stud 3"=76.2mm
    for a total gain of 1.23"=31.24mm
    im using a 30mm spacer
    so my math is 76.2mm-30mm=46.2mm exsposed, i need to know how many mm i loose to the witdh of the rotor and seat of the hub bearing to determine how much exsposed thread i will have after mounting my wheels.

Correct, they are press on studs. I ended up ordering the arp wheel studs for the evo 8/9 works like a charm. theyre long enough to clear everything you put on it. I'm sure you can put 30mm spacers and still get 10 or more turns on you lugnut.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

Why didn't you just get 30mm bolt on adapters? I've personally autoxd my galant on bolt on spacers with no issues and we use them on our drift cars all day.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i have hubcentrics and im doing a custom full pass through flush lock single bolt on set up.

thanks drones im ogonna see if i can pick up locally if not ill order them online
    today

Rule of thumb is you need about 5 turns for full engagement IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Why didn't you just get 30mm bolt on adapters? I've personally autoxd my galant on bolt on spacers with no issues and we use them on our drift cars all day.
    I needed something asap. and no one had bolt on spacers available. didn't need 30mm, just stating you can probably get 30mm and the studs are long enough to still get a bunch of turns.

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    I needed something asap. and no one had bolt on spacers available. didn't need 30mm, just stating you can probably get 30mm and the studs are long enough to still get a bunch of turns.
    Thanks for letting us know about the extended studs working from the EVO8/9 it is good to know!