The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Officially Back!

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Officially Back!

Many of you know me from back in the day. I had a 2000 Galant ES V6 that was taken away from me back in like 06 or 07. Always thought one day I will come back with another one. Well today is the day . Well, yesterday was the day haha I purchased a 1999 Galant ES 2.4. Here is a pic of my car before/after and then the new one. I hope to make this something close to what I had but with more of my style with the time difference :)

The new feller

Only problem I am having with the car that I need to resolve is that I believe that the trans/torque conv is going out. It shutters badly if i am just barely pushing accelerator pedal but with almost flooring it, it performs better. Seems weird. I jumps from 3rd to 4th a lot on the freeway as well. I posted in the 8g car problems section wondering about the trans maybe someone can shine some light into my question. Thanks guys!
    Diego

Welcome back! I always loved your dual exhaust!

I remember your car, Welcome back! Looks like you have a good start there, are you going JDM again?
    On the trans, do you throw any codes / did you check the solenoids?

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome back.. Time for a 5 speed swap.. Problem solved IF that is your problem.

Any codes?

Welcome back!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile