The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need advice!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

I need advice!!

Long story short I have two 7G Galants. A clean LS with a blown auto tranny and a clean title. I also have a not so clean anymore GS 5 speed with minor body damage and a salvaged title. I'm not sure what to do here. Should I rob the parts off the LS and fix the GS. Or should I sell the GS and fix the tranny in the LS??

lol the GS is rare. Get it fixed up. You can always get a LS, always. Only 1400 of the GS were made, plus it has so many more features than the LS. If you decide to get rid of the GS, let me know I want the engine harness.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

This is the GS before the accident

And afterwards

- - - Updated - - -

And heres the LS

Call me crazy, but I would use the GS as a parts car and convert the LS, especially since it has the sunroof too. Lot of work , but the clean title would make it worth for me. In the process you could refresh everything / build it the way you want it.

Thought I heard somewhere that if I fixed the car correctly I can get the salvaged title cleared

Get the title amended on the GS. And keep both.

It depends on the state you are in. That damage does look light for sure. Talk to the manager at the DMV to find out your options.

I'm in Colorado. I think I could get the title amended

Fix the GS! Please dont gut her :O there are so few left of the original already limited amount lol
    MKO already summed up my thoughts.
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Wish I had the time. Hmm anyone interested in buying both from me lol?? Perfect project

Wish I had the time. Hmm anyone interested in buying both from me lol?? Perfect project

I would love to buy the GS actually lol but anywhere out of Texas is too far for me honestly. I sadly dont have that much money to buy the car from you and get it to south Texas, unless you could hold onto it for awhile lol..... heart broken :c

Ha I should really try to sell them together to someone on here who I know would appreciate them

Cool deal well let us know if you sell em i wouldnt mind owning both of em in a few months xD

I think I am going to sell them together as a packaged deal

Henry
    I need help. I have an 06 Galant and I'm trying to figure out how to pass the firewall so I can run wires through to hook up my subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you'll drive them, keep the GS original and pick up a 5 speed and do a swap on the LS. If you want to move on then put them up for sale here with a realistic price. Our 7Gs are all approximately 20 years old and there are not a lot of folks who appreciate them so be prepared to be disappointed finding anyone paying top dollar. Twice I have picked up a 7G with a bad trans for less than $250 (5 speed swap fix that). I got my GS with a blown motor for about $300 (dropped in another DOHC as original block had a hole thru the side). All had minor body issues which helped with the pricing. My daily driver is a 94 ES I bought new in 93 (now with 293K miles) that I going to drive it until there is nothing left of it. I doubt the 7g (including the GS) will ever have any collector value that but applies to most cars today. As far as parting them out there does not seem to be much interest in 7G parts besides those needed for 5 speed swaps and even that is dying. I love these cars so I hang on to them despite my wife encouraging me to thin the herd. If I had more space I'd be interested in yours but I already have the home owners association breathing down my neck.

BTW: Henry, you have posted in the wrong section of the form. This is the 7G area which covers Galants from 1994 to 1998. As far as passing a wire thru the firewall you either slide the wire thru an existing hole or you drill one and use a rubber grommet to protect the wire. I recommend using existing hole if the wire is small enough.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Decided to keep both. And fix the GS

Good on you for keeping them both. They are paid for so in the long run they will save you money if you don't get carried away fixing them up. Go and drive the heck out of them. Keep your eyes open for a 5 speed to swap in as the auto trans is only good for between 100-200K miles at best. Locally they want between $2.6-3.2K to rebuild one which is complete BS. Last time I had one rebuilt it was only $1.1K.

BYW, My friggen homeowner's association has now cited me for my cars parked outside so I may yet end up in court despite the fact I had my cars before they changed the covenants to limit the number of cars you can part outside. I know all about grandfather laws but the idiots are just ignoring that fact.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Let the body work begin!!

- - - Updated - - -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast