The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about door locks and ignition cylinder

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Question about door locks and ignition cylinder

Hello, I'm new to the forums and had a question about my Galant's door locks and ignition cylinder.
    I've lost my key and never got around to having a spare made. So I found a junkyard nearby with a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES with a v6, and was wondering if I could take the door locks and ignition cylinder from that and put it on an '01 Galant DE 2.4, or would they not be compatible?

Not sure if 2001 has an immobilizer on the ignition key but if it does you might need the front ecu also to make it work.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You can remove the immobilizer box itself to use the new key. The problem is finding it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Wouldn't it probably be a better option to just go to the dealer, give them the VIN and get a new key cut and programmed? You don't need the car for that, if I remember right. You will have to show them your registration and ID to prove that you are the owner of the car though.