The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New to here, 9G owner

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

New to here, 9G owner

I've been posting a bit on here lately and figured I'd start one of these new guy posts. Usually more of a lurker. I own a 9G (2007) SE (I think) 2.4. It's got 123k on her and I bought it about 2 years ago now. I stumbled into this place being as since I've had it I've ran into a few issues and grabbed some info off this forum. The more work I do on the car it seems the more I lurk here to a point I'm now posting.

I stumbled into the car as I went in looking to buy a Civic and somehow left with the Galant. I actually used to hate Mitsubishi's because I've never liked Eclipses and 300GTs so I never bothered to see what else they make. My ownership of the car has been a little hit and miss as far as loving it goes, but it's really growing on me (especially with how incredibly stupid easy it is to do oil changes). I'll post pics in a few days. It's mostly stock but I bought the car with an Injen Cold Air system in it. Lately I've done some minor things like paint some pieces black on the front. I recently purchased some 3M 1080 vinyl to see if I can't wrap the car a bit too.

My front struts are crazy bad right now and going over bumps sends the car into a fit that feels like I'm in a raft on some white water rapids. I bought some new struts and some Eibach Pro Kit springs I'm going to be putting on hopefully this weekend. Another issue I'm having with the car is it seems to be sorta bogging down really randomly and it's ticked off the Check Engine light a few times for a misfire on the 4th cylinder. I switched out the spark plugs a bunch and eventually found some NGKs that seem to not tick off the check engine but the car still bogs down pretty bad at times. Not sure if I want to try to get the injection professionally cleaned or what at this point.

This is running really long, but here's a list of things I'd like to eventually do with the car/ Most are cosmetic as this is my daily driver and I care more about good upkeep and comfort then racing.

Lowering Springs
    A 380 front bumper
    Vinyl wrap
    Fix my misfire issues
    Foglights
    Better looking interior
    New good tires
    Enkei Rims
    Window Tint

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome!!

Thanks guys. I'll upload pictures tonight, but I've been practicing some stuff on my car so it looks REALLY lame currently. It'll be good for laughs though.

Pic dump: These arent the polished pictures I was planning on, but I'm not sure if I'll have time so here's just a dump of my weird looking car with the Eibachs

The car is sort of in an experimental stage right now.. I tried out the vinyl wrap just to see if I could do it. I'm gonna pull it off in a few months and put on another color I found with a friends help this time. Doing it yourself is impossible to have a nice end result.