The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Irregular Misfire Mystery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Cleaned the MAF. Like an idiot I took apart the top half of my CAI to get at it instead of just unscreweing the two little screws. Oh well. I cleaned the pipe up all shiny since it was out. So I bought some CRC Electronic cleaner and hosed everything out really good, I let it sit overnight and dropped it back in. Now I'll just get to wait again until it throws a code I guess. If it throws the misfire in cylinder 3 code again I'll swap out the injectors then look at replacing. If it throws the system too rich code again I guess I'll replace the 02 sensors upstream? On the plus side with this issue I guess it's not such a massive problem that I can't drive the car, but on the downside it's STUPIDLY frustrating to not have immediate results. Sometimes it doesn't act up for throw a code until months later.

On a semi related question: Anyone have any advice for cleaning CAI piping on the exterior? I used some windex and scrubbed it with a paper towel. While it got it shinier it really only took off the dusting. There's a lot of spots of crap on the tube I'd like to remove if possible. It's cosmetic though, so if I can't ohhh welll.

all those misfires will or are destroying ur cat converters. have u had any more problems?
    Double07

I have a few small hesitations during initial acceleration on random occasions. I need to do further investigation on it, but it's added to a list of things I need to work on. For the last near two months I've had nothing triggering the CEL and no massive bogging down for periods of time like before. I have to get my timing/serp belts replaced, work on my suspension/get an alignment, then I'll look into this more. I'm actually not really sure where to go from here. O2 Sensors? Fuel Injectors? New cat?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12