The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hmmm... 18x9.5 on 8g?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 47 of 47
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisaix View Post
    Yeah here too, you have to get in the list to have the s drive,. Is a +20 offset on 18x8.5 is a good fit? And im thinking 235/40 tires or still 225/40?
    What are you trying to achieve with your vehicle?

Basically i want my car to have a more aggresive look, i dont like stretch tires. Currently i have 18x7.5s, maybe the wheels should perfectly align with the body fender. I was looking at some 9.5s but i think the cons are too much for me. Its my daily car and i like going fast at corners although i have an a/t. ��

Ok, if that is the case, I would suggest 18x8.5" +30 to +35mm and I would suggest 225/40R18s. The reason I would still recommend 225 width tires as opposed to 235 width tires is this: They are still plenty wide for an 8.5" wheel (actual tire width is: 8.85"). If you use a tire that runs large (such as Nexen, Continental, which are both good tire brands), that would be a great fitment. The Yokohama S.Drives are certainly good for dry performance, they like any other Yokohama run small.

If you really prefer the 235 width tires, then you will want to certainly roll the rear fender lips because it would be likely for them to rub quite noticeably, especially if lowered any amount. If you go to websites like www.TireRack.com they list the actual widths of all the major different brands and models of tires so you can get a decent idea of what will accomplish the look you want with the tires you like, and within the budget you are willing to spend.

Hmmm... 18x9.5 on 8g?

So I think I'm going to keep my wheels for now. My tires need to be change and I think I'm going to go with 235/35/19 and do some slight modifications. What do you guys think about the bridgestone potenza re760 sport?

Or should I stick with 235/35/zr19 Toyo proxes t1r?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 8gtorque; 11-04-2015 at 01:55 PM

I think either tire is a great choice. Although I personally think that the Bridgestone would be the better choice as they are NOT directional and wiuld then be easier to rotate.

Awesome. I found a deal on them for $240.00 shipped for 2.

Would I be able to put these in the front and use the toyos for the rear for now? Even if they are 225/35/19?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am currently using:

215/35R19 front (19x8.5" wheel )

225/35R19 rear (19×9.5" wheel )

So, yes, you can run slightly different from front to rear.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123