The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3000gt turbo

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Reaver : Grocery Getter

3000gt turbo

des anyone know which turbo comes on a 3000gt 6g72 engine.
    and....... do you think or know if the engine can fit in our galant?

Kain
    tdo4 9b. It can fit, but you have to get 3kgt turbo manifolds, and you can't upgrade the turbos very easily (due to their 3 bolt configuration instead of 4 bolt) I have one on my Colt, it's very small even when there's two of them on the 3kgt. You'd be better with a single larger turbo (like a 20g or a Garrett monster)

a 9g eh. ok kewl. i have a 6a12 twin turbo engine and was looking at the stock 3000gt turbos as an upgrade option.

any more info?

I have one on my Colt, it's very small even when there's two of them on the 3kgt
    what do u mean . what is very small? the turbo?

Kain
    Yeah, 9b turbo. It can only support the 1.6 Colt engine up to about 14 psi max (and that's really pushing it) It spools instantly though. Though, the Colt itself is crazy small too, it only weighs 1800 lbs :shock: I may be wrong, but I don't think there's an appreciable diffrence between the engine you have now (6a12) and the 3kgt engine (6g72) Except you have an aluminum block, wheras the 3kgt has an iron block. Oh, there's the displacement issue too....

in was wondering about all this because i found someone who has a 3000g, well the parts. and i would like to try and get those turbos to put on my car. how much boost do you run daily on your turbo, assuming still that it is a stock 3000gt type turbo. if u have modded the turbo, then, what have you done to it.

Kain
    I actually don't have a 3kgt turbo per-se. Mine is a slightly smaller version. They are the same turbo, but on the Colt version the impeller wheel is a tiny bit smaller, a real 3kgt turbo I've heard will net 10 more hp with no other mods. I run 8psi (stock setting) I'd crank it up, but I'm selling the car soon since I don't have the ability to hang on to two cars at once and the Galant is more reliable so it's the one that gets kept. I know another guy that runs 10 psi daily with no problems, but he also added an intercooler and better injectors. 12 psi is about the safe limit on these guys. which with two of them feeding a 3.0L V6 would net you about 320ish hp. But that's entirely a guess, I have 0 experience with 3kgt or Mitsu V6 motors in general for that matter.